The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the deeper Liverpool go into Europe the better. They are going to get fixture pile up like us if they go far in fa cup as well, they can’t fluke every game with all those injuries, I’d say Arsenal if they pick up a few will be the same and I don’t think they have the squad to cope, win our head to heads and I think we will “just” sneak it.

Have a strange feeling Arsenal are stronger this season - mentally. Seem to be putting away teams with a bit of relative ease but that could be because I was expecting them to have already faltered/have been concentrating on the dippers.

Having them coming to our place is massive, though. Big game, that.
Let’s see how they handle being in the CL, I think they’ll get past Porto, it’s who they get next is the interesting part, maybe us? They’ve got Brighton A….Villa H…..Wolves A…..around those dates

I’ve a feeling we’ll be drawn against the Arse in the CL should we both get through -which would have a huge bearing on things

We've all got really difficult periods to get through where you'd expect us all to drop a few points.

Ours comes up in our next 5 games, Liverpools is probably this next few weeks given the injuries they've got, although they do also have a few tricky games at the end of the season. We can deal a serious blow to them by beating them at Anfield, and we have to go there and play it like a Champions league tie.

Arsenal have tricky games through March and April, and still have to come to the Etihad which they won't fancy however you dress it up. They've also got to navigate through their 2nd leg with Porto.

These next 5 games for us are pivotal and will go a long way to dictating where the league ends up. I have United Brighton and Villa all down as City wins. We don't have to beat Arsenal if we can win at Anfield, although I'd expect us to.

As others have said we aren't showing signs of being able to win all 5, but I still think 11 points which include not getting beat against Arsenal or Liverpool is a really good return.

Remember way back winning the league cup often fucked the winners up for the rest of the season got a feeling we could see the same let’s hope they become the victims of their own success (see what I did there…. I’ll get my coat)

Have a strange feeling Arsenal are stronger this season - mentally. Seem to be putting away teams with a bit of relative ease but that could be because I was expecting them to have already faltered/have been concentrating on the dippers.

Having them coming to our place is massive, though. Big game, that.
I've been saying for months that you're a fool to keep discounting Arsenal. I could be wrong about Liverpool, but when I watch them, I don't see near the same constant domination that Arsenal have done to teams this season. Arsenal reminds me of us in years past, and they're doing it without Jesus, who is 2x the players Trossard and Havertz are.

I've been saying for months that you're a fool to keep discounting Arsenal. I could be wrong about Liverpool, but when I watch them, I don't see near the same constant domination that Arsenal have done to teams this season. Arsenal reminds me of us in years past, and they're doing it without Jesus, who is 2x the players Trossard and Havertz are.

I genuinely think no Jesus is a blessing. They shoehorn him into the number 9 position and he can’t finish for shit.

But dippers have always been like that IMO (even going back to 18/19), they’re just brilliantly clinical going forward but always offer up chances defensively.

I genuinely think no Jesus is a blessing. They shoehorn him into the number 9 position and he can’t finish for shit.
Much like was for us, he is for them, IMO; he's an absolute handful and a nightmare for defenders and allows and makes players around him play better.

They re in great form,and psychology.....Im afraid they will win everything,and this makes me feel sick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.