The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs have no European football and they're already out the league Cup. They'll probably have 20 less games than us this season. If they're anywhere near on January 1st they should go out and sign a world class striker and they'll be our biggest challengers.

They haven't got the quality, depth of squad, or a star striker to sustain a title challenge. They won't be far off, but they will eventually fall away, after a good start.

This may sound very cocky but I see no reason why we can't do a century again. We've barely hit 2nd gear and have had some injury issues pop up yet have been winning fairly easily. The rest of the clubs seem to have some weaknesses.

I thought we would dip.
After Istanbul I was messed up and I’m still up there and I thought the lads would be also.
Gundo and Mahrez shipping out and the Prince being injured I was thinking dip.
No dip it seems.
They keep doing it for us.
How long can this go on?

Spurs have no European football and they're already out the league Cup. They'll probably have 20 less games than us this season. If they're anywhere near on January 1st they should go out and sign a world class striker and they'll be our biggest challengers.
If Spurs are going to be our biggest problem, they might as well hand it to us now.

This is our joint best start to a season. It’s the joint best start to a PL season.

Nobody has ever won their first six games of the season in the PL era.

View attachment 93595

Only 5.Liverpool, 9.Chelsea and 12.Chelsea won the league from those starts^
Thanks for the info
Hopefully we smash another record that the Red tops have achieved. IT'S GREAT BEING A BLUE

We're going 38 out of 38
In the entire history of world football, a perfect season has only ever been achieved by (league seasons):

Glasgow Rangers, Scotland, 1898-99 (18 game season)
Racing Club, Argentina, 1919 (13 games)
Ferencvarosi, Hungary, 1931-32 (22)
Nacional, Uruguay, 1941 (20)
Dresdner SC, Germany, 1941-42 (23)
Sunrise Falq United, Mauritius, 1995-96 (22)

And Bayern München in the 2019-20 CL (although the quarters and semis were only one leg due to it being the Covid season… but if 13-23 game league campaigns count as perfect seasons, this should count too).

If we did this, we’d break football!

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s mental to think that 38 wins gets you 114 points and we managed to get to 100. That’s fucking incredible when you think about it. 32 wins from 38, it’s unreal. Arsenal won 26 when they were invincibles which they harp on about at every turn. Not even close to 100 points.
It's even more fucking incredible when it should easily have been 105.

United collapse, and Huddersfield party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.