The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing is even though we’ve won all our games so far, we can still go up a few more gears to hit top speed and it puts so much pressure on the tarquins and dippers to try and keep up with us. These 15 points are freebies for us because we have key players to return from injury and we haven’t hit full throttle yet. Scary thought for the chasing pack that.

City and our fanbase should make much more of us achieving 100 points. It was an absolutely incredible achievement!

I always say that it’s very odd that we sing the ‘it’s only 6-1’ chant regularly about one, non-unique, 6-1 victory at Old Trafford; yet we sing nothing about being the one and only Centurions in English football history.
I love that song, was lucky enough to be at that humiliation and it should be remembered

We know what we are
We know what we are
Champions of England
Against QPrrrrr
When Sergio scored

We know what we are
We know what we are
The best team in history
100 points in England
City were Centurions, the best of em all!

We know what we are
We know what we are
History makers
Domestic Treble winners
All the trophies in England, We won em all

We know what we are
We know what we are
Champions of Europe

If we beat Forest next week. 18 points from first 6 games. We need 82 points from 32 games to be centurions again. 26 wins 4 draws 2 defeats. That looks more than possible again to me based on what I have seen so far this season.

Be amazed if we don’t get 90 points which would require 72 more. Let’s say 23 wins 3 draws and 6 defeats! That’s not happening. This team won’t lose 6 league games.
I know you said IF but let’s beat Forest first, I seem to remember a home draw last season so we need to improve on that result first, they’re a pretty decent side

City and Nottingham Forest played 5 Games since 1995. Among them, City won 1 games (Total Goals 8, PPG 1.6), Nottingham Forest won 2 (Total Goals 8, PPG 1.6), and drew 2.

Last edited:
I know you said IF but let’s beat Forest first, I seem to remember a home draw last season so we need to improve on that result first, they’re a pretty decent side Forrest

City and Nottingham Forest played 5 Games since 1995. Among them, City won 1 games (Total Goals 8, PPG 1.6), Nottingham Forest won 2 (Total Goals 8, PPG 1.6), and drew 2.
If we beat forest I think another 18 point from the season is doable and we will be safe from relegation!!!!

If we beat Forest next week. 18 points from first 6 games. We need 82 points from 32 games to be centurions again. 26 wins 4 draws 2 defeats. That looks more than possible again to me based on what I have seen so far this season.

Be amazed if we don’t get 90 points which would require 72 more. Let’s say 23 wins 3 draws and 6 defeats! That’s not happening. This team won’t lose 6 league games.

Think Liverpool will get around 90 points this season! The way they play with the extra time now benefits them more than any club with there attacking choices..

I had a look at all other clubs who’d won a treble and how they did in the subsequent season(s):

Celtic, quadruple 1966-67
Won the league for the next seven seasons

Ajax, treble 1971-72
Next season: won the league and European Cup double

Liverpool, treble 1983-84
Next season: 2nd in the league, lost in European Cup final

PSV, treble 1987-88
Next season: won the league and cup double

United, treble 1998-99
Won the league for the next two seasons

Barça, treble 2008-09
Won the league for the next two seasons

Inter, treble 2009-10
Next season: won the Coppa, finished 2nd in the league

Bayern, treble 2012-13

Barça, treble 2014-15

Bayern, treble 2019-20
Won the league for the next three seasons

I know they’re all different eras and different leagues but it didn’t stop any of them challenging for honours again the next season, with 8/10 winning the league again.

With winners, they very rarely let their hunger wane.
Liverpool 83/84 - minor treble please. League, European Cup and League Cup.
As the latter is a mickey-mouse cup, it's more appropriate to call this the Mickeys' treble.

Think Liverpool will get around 90 points this season! The way they play with the extra time now benefits them more than any club with there attacking choices..
I agree, believe they will be our biggest threat, they have an entire new midfield and when (if) that clicks they will be a very good side, add to that they don’t have Champions League (thankfully)

City and our fanbase should make much more of us achieving 100 points. It was an absolutely incredible achievement!

I always say that it’s very odd that we sing the ‘it’s only 6-1’ chant regularly about one, non-unique, 6-1 victory at Old Trafford; yet we sing nothing about being the one and only Centurions in English football history.
When the chavs sang about
"you'll never sing that " the Champs league ,my lad said

"you'll never sing that
you'll never sing that
100 points
you'll never sing that "

Dint catch on though,a few even remarked its harder to win the champs league,as the yanks say ' go figure "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.