The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fixtures are piling up, but it's no different to usual and plenty of our players have been rested and rotated through a combination of Pep's selections and injury/suspension! We're in decent shape to go again, it's mentally that it takes it toll and our squad is robust. We're going to need the likes of Nunes, Doku and Bobb throughout this run in and they need to show they're up to the task. Exciting times though. I'd rather be in this position than with one game a week and nothing to fight for, that's for sure. We could end up with another treble or absolutely nothing, but we're there and fighting on all fronts again which is testament to Pep and this squad of players.

I'm not sure Arsenal are quite ready for the challenge still. They might actually benefit from exiting the CL. It's advantage dippers in the title race considering the Europa is a piece of piss in comparison and their remaining fixtures. But it's a small advantage and if we beat Arsenal then I'd say it's then in our favour.
Agreed. The fixtures and dates are what they are and you can guarantee we'll be ready.

Our management of our squad over a season has been refined to such an extent in recent years that it is now truly exceptional.

The tired rhetoric of City having a "bigger squad" gets rolled out at this stage, when the reverse is true. We have a streamlined squad. Considering our resources it's a high risk strategy, but Pep favours having quality over quantity and dealing with the issues that brings. Last season the debacle with Cancelo was evidence of why. Just one player kicking off about game time can derail things. It takes superb management and faith in the players you do have for it to work.

The only "concern" I have at the moment is goal difference. We're usually in a position to get a two goal lead and then play keep ball to slow the pace and see the game through. We're not getting into the positions to do that at the moment and we might need to go for the jugular and score a few more. A big win over Arsenal would help!

International breaks don’t help us but Pep is a master at preparing the team for the run-in.

I think it's come at a perfect time. 10 league games left. A semi final with Chelsea in the FA Cup. A QF with Real Madrid in the CL and then Bayern/Arsenal if we win. Games every few days. The last chance for players to have a "rest". These Internationals are friendlies. A change of scene, a bit of downtime. Two games in two weeks. Manageable.

Then come back and it's game on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.