The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think we will finish 3rd tbh.
Just my own opinion:
Arsenal for me are the best all round team. Very Good keeper, Rock Solid defence and fast and direct with a impressive press in midfield. And a far better squad than last year and dangerous from set pieces which they have scored lots from this year.

Liverpool are the worst team out of the 3 of us but have goal scorers throughout the team that bails them out. Literally every one of their players chip in with goals. Also again very dangerous from set pieces which again they score plenty from.
Had incredible luck with the chances they have given up and not conceded from BUT have the backing of the media, PGMOL and PL and we have seen some incredible decisions go their way at least a dozen times this season (last game not even a card let alone a clear red for VVD). That and the ability to play a 3rd strength team and still win the 3rd rate competition they are in makes them my favourites.

Us: Incredible we are still in with a shout as we have dropped off alarmingly from last year due to a number of reasons. We looked poor in the last month of last season but got over the line in all 3 but non stop football inc in the summers has us looking worn out. Added to an awful transfer window we are still in with a shout only due to exceptional games at times by Kev, Phil etc bailing us out. We are awful at the back, conceding with virtually every 1st shot, our midfield has the feel of sticking plasters all over it, square pegs in round holes next to Rodri and and our striker is missing chances he could score with his eyes shut last season or we just cannot get him into games.A huge window needed this summer.

But with the treble last season, i'd love us to win it again but as long as we qualify for the CL next season, which looks pretty nailed on, i can live with that this year.
I think the fact we are in the semi finals of the FA Cup, QF if the CL (sadly i cannot see our current team getting past Madrid this time round) and in with a shout of the title is remarkable given the small squad, injuries and poor transfer window we have had.

Maths is my strong suit but I find i don’t much care about trying to predict who wins. I’m not even that fussed about us winning it. After all we’ve been spoilt by the football gods for a while.

What would be difficult to stomach for many though, would be city winning it with 2 or 3 points to spare. It would break so many scousers and cockneys.

I think credit where credit is due, Arteta has learned big time from last year.

1 goal conceded away from home in 2024 in the league. That's damn impressive whatever way you look at it.

Blended a bit of Mourinho-ball into his Pep-ball style since the international break.

My only hope for us regarding Arsenal is the CL games are incredibly taxing emotionally at this stage of the competition.

Think we will finish 3rd tbh.
Just my own opinion:
Arsenal for me are the best all round team. Very Good keeper, Rock Solid defence and fast and direct with a impressive press in midfield. And a far better squad than last year and dangerous from set pieces which they have scored lots from this year.

Liverpool are the worst team out of the 3 of us but have goal scorers throughout the team that bails them out. Literally every one of their players chip in with goals. Also again very dangerous from set pieces which again they score plenty from.
Had incredible luck with the chances they have given up and not conceded from BUT have the backing of the media, PGMOL and PL and we have seen some incredible decisions go their way at least a dozen times this season (last game not even a card let alone a clear red for VVD). That and the ability to play a 3rd strength team and still win the 3rd rate competition they are in makes them my favourites.

Us: Incredible we are still in with a shout as we have dropped off alarmingly from last year due to a number of reasons. We looked poor in the last month of last season but got over the line in all 3 but non stop football inc in the summers has us looking worn out. Added to an awful transfer window we are still in with a shout only due to exceptional games at times by Kev, Phil etc bailing us out. We are awful at the back, conceding with virtually every 1st shot, our midfield has the feel of sticking plasters all over it, square pegs in round holes next to Rodri and and our striker is missing chances he could score with his eyes shut last season or we just cannot get him into games.A huge window needed this summer.

But with the treble last season, i'd love us to win it again but as long as we qualify for the CL next season, which looks pretty nailed on, i can live with that this year.
I think the fact we are in the semi finals of the FA Cup, QF if the CL (sadly i cannot see our current team getting past Madrid this time round) and in with a shout of the title is remarkable given the small squad, injuries and poor transfer window we have had.
A lot will depend on how well we do this week in Madrid.. a surprise draw might buoy us. I fear their forward line will tear our weak defense (as a unit) apart. We have moments of good pressing but likely to let goals in every game...against Madrid it COULD prove disastrous

Screenshot_1.png

Games since the last defeat.
Draws just killing us.

Looking back at the season , Wolves away , Palace home ,Chelsea home , Liverpool home and Spurs home will hunt us up until the next season.

A lot will depend on how well we do this week in Madrid.. a surprise draw might buoy us. I fear their forward line will tear our weak defense (as a unit) apart. We have moments of good pressing but likely to let goals in every game...against Madrid it COULD prove disastrous

I got shot down yesterday big time for the suggestion, and I can understand to a certain degree, but I would not be surprised to see Haaland dropped in favour of Alvarez for his pressing and we pack out the midfield and play for a 0-0 with the hope of nicking a goal.

If we play like we did defensively as we did against Villa and Palace, whilst I think we will score a goal or two, I think we will get utterly decimated on the counter by Vinicious and co.

It would be similar to when Madrid played Pep's Bayern in his first season when despite Bayern having more possession and more attempts they were so susceptible to the counter that they got done 4-0.

View attachment 113092

Games since the last defeat.
Draws just killing us.

Looking back at the season , Wolves away , Palace home ,Chelsea home , Liverpool home and Spurs home will hunt us up until the next season.

We completely chucked all those games away, every one of them bar wolves where I thought we were dire and deserved nowt we should have won easily. That period of the season was maddening. Both Chelsea games in particular.

I got shot down yesterday big time for the suggestion, and I can understand to a certain degree, but I would not be surprised to see Haaland dropped in favour of Alvarez for his pressing and we pack out the midfield and play for a 0-0 with the hope of nicking a goal.

If we play like we did defensively as we did against Villa and Palace, whilst I think we will score a goal or two, I think we will get utterly decimated on the counter by Vinicious and co.

It would be similar to when Madrid played Pep's Bayern in his first season when despite Bayern having more possession and more attempts they were so susceptible to the counter that they got done 4-0.
Agreed 100% Haaland teared around like a loon first few games ..to sort of look like he was pressing. Ive watched a few clips back and he rarely won tge ball so stopped really pressing after Oct. Alvarez for me all day away v Madrid as you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.