The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

Arsenal are in a better shape than last April but things might change quickly, as they changed in December after they had a generally excellent game at Anfield and looked in top form. Last April they didn't have CL ties. Now they'll have to play much better teams than Porto.

For example, they play Villa, 3 days later Bayern away and 3 days later Wolves away. They'll be dead on their legs after these 3 games in 6 days. Can see them dropping points at Wolves.

I'm with you. It's Liverpool that remain the bigger threat. Arsenal rested a few against Luton but Saliba, Gabriel and Odegaard all still played and they'll play tomorrow and they'll play against Villa and, unless they batter Bayern, they'll play and play and play. That will take its toll. It only takes a few being off their game, or tired, or injured, for a negative result.

Liverpool's style means they can make changes. The Europa league means they can rotate more. They should manage to keep producing. I still think they'll drop points in one more league game, but we are in a good position.

Injuries will play their part. Walker's a big miss, although he's been missing all season in truth. But we can rest Haaland, De Bruyne and Stones and win comfortably and then switch Foden and Bernardo out and win again.

I'm with you. It's Liverpool that remain the bigger threat. Arsenal rested a few against Luton but Saliba, Gabriel and Odegaard all still played and they'll play tomorrow and they'll play against Villa and, unless they batter Bayern, they'll play and play and play. That will take its toll. It only takes a few being off their game, or tired, or injured, for a negative result.

Liverpool's style means they can make changes. The Europa league means they can rotate more. They should manage to keep producing. I still think they'll drop points in one more league game, but we are in a good position.

Injuries will play their part. Walker's a big miss, although he's been missing all season in truth. But we can rest Haaland, De Bruyne and Stones and win comfortably and then switch Foden and Bernardo out and win again.
Ake is a massive miss for us too IMO. His pace matters when we get caught high up the pitch on turnovers (as we have been all season including on Saturday). Dias and Gvardiol haven't got the pace in those situations.

Chances of each team winning all 7 games

Arsenal
Villa H 1.29
Wolves A 1.45
Chelsea H 1.3
Spurs A 1.9
Bournemouth H 1.2
Utd A 1.6
Everton H 1.2

just short of 10/1 to win all remaining games

Liverpool
Palace H 1.25
Fulham A 1.6 (this looks high to me be they are the current Betfair odds)
Everton A 1.5
West ham A 1.6
Spurs H 1.6
Villa A 1.8
Wolves H 1.2

Just over 15/1 to win all 7

City
Luton H 1.11
Brighton A 1.45
Forest A 1.35
Wolves H 1.25
Fulham A 1.4
Spurs A 1.8
West Ham H 1.2

around 7/1

over 1000/1 for all 3 teams to win all remaining games

I think if we win every game we will do it.
Big IF though!
Not sure both liverpool and arsenal will fail to win in 2 games to give us room to slip up ourselves.

Spurs away will be our Newcastle A in 11/12 season. I’ll be watching behind the sofa.

If there is one game that will decide our title win or not, that will be it. Unfortunately Liverpool have got Spurs at home. I can’t see Liverpool droping any points at home, meaning they will beat Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.