The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if I take my sky blue specs off, Arsenal may pip us this year. why? I think they have a more solid defence than we do at present and they will have learned from last season. Yesterday was a big result for them against a team that stitched them up like a kipper last season. Hope I'm wrong.

CL and FA cup will do.
Last year Brighton had MacAllister, Caicedo, Mitoma, and Sully March on the pitch. That's not nearly the same team...just sayin'...

We’re in reality at worse only 1 behind Liverpool, they have to lose so min of -1 and City draw so 0 for it to be relevant.

In regards Arsenal they are too far ahead and I imagine the club might take the view the effort would not be worth it given the other comps we are win and we are better concentrating on getting the points.

I do wonder how Liverpool will approach this given this is what is separating them from Arsenal and if this has a knock on effect.

2-0 up seeing a game out and conserving energy, could prove better than chasing another and conceding giving momentum to the other team.
They won't want to repeat Crystanbul trying to chase down the goal difference..

They should know if 5th place gets a spot before then, which means they're looking at not dropping an 11pt gap to United. If we reach the CL final (which would obviously mean Bayern didn't), then we might have got them into the CL ourselves.

Spurs do have a much tougher run in than United though, but 11pts with 7 games to go is still a huge gap. Villa are also still in Europe, and they're run in is just as tough as Spurs.

Possibly. But if the same qualifying criteria was in place last season, the league would have finished with it still being undecided.

In fact our win over Inter would have been the deciding factor and got Liverpool a spot.

They’d have loved that.

We win seven games on the bounce and the title is ours again , because the Dippers and Goons will not be perfect until the end of the season , they do not have the same mentality as our players ,its one game at a time , win the game and on to the next , we have been doing this for the last few seasons under Pep , Legohead and Clubshop are not at his level and never will be.
Looking forward to the Goons & Dipper fans and their hard luck stories in May , if only , should've ,could've, would've , 115 charges blah, blah , blah.

Last year Brighton had MacAllister, Caicedo, Mitoma, and Sully March on the pitch. That's not nearly the same team...just sayin'...
Got a mate who's been a season ticket holder for over 30 years, had a chat with him about the game, he said Brighton have gradually got worse as the season has gone on, Metoma has been a huge miss, he suggested in seasons gone by this team would struggle to stay up. He did say that Arsenal looked very solid and assured on the ball and that Brighton didn't give them a game.

Spurs away for the Arse is a much trickier match than it is for us when all the current particulars are considered...if we're down to two games and need to win at Spurs to get it done then you can throw all that tough place for us to play crap out the window, simple as...much better for us to play them in late May than next week...also better for Spurs going into Arse game not having just played us...settle down, relax, enjoy the ride...

We win seven games on the bounce and the title is ours again , because the Dippers and Goons will not be perfect until the end of the season , they do not have the same mentality as our players ,its one game at a time , win the game and on to the next , we have been doing this for the last few seasons under Pep , Legohead and Clubshop are not at his level and never will be.
Looking forward to the Goons & Dipper fans and their hard luck stories in May , if only , should've ,could've, would've , 115 charges blah, blah , blah.
The recriminations will be epic! There won't be enough pots in England to boil that much piss...

We are the benchmark....considering we did the treble, have been competing for the title every year since 2012 after securing our 1st PL title...our levels were sure to drop. It has been frustrating this season but i wont hold it against this team

The fact we are still in it now is testament to the players and Pep and how they will still push all the way.

Next season we will witness a new team (one i think will see us play faster)

We still have a title to defend and retain - not just the PL but the CL and an FA Cup.

C'mon City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.