The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd expect them to throw the UCL if they continue winning in the league
I'm not as sure about this. If they beat Bayern then they are two games away from a final at Wembley with the opposition from the weaker side of the draw

They have a good defence and frustrated us at home, which they could do again potentially.

It will be interesting to see how they approach these games, if they get through the QF

Didn’t they just have to draw against Chelsea and tried to batter them which resulted in the slip? Ten years ago and the last time three teams were still in the hunt for the title at this stage of the season.
Technically yes, but a draw might not have been enough in the end because it would have only taken them to 85 points. From memory we finished on 86 that year. But I agree with you - I think the Palace draw came as a result of the Chelsea defeat. If they'd held on for the draw against Chelsea, goal difference wouldn't have become an issue and they probably would have won at Palace. They could have just gone 3-0 up (or even 2-0 up) and sat on it. But because of the Chelsea defeat they had to keep pushing for more. Palace, playing without pressure, thought "Alright then" and spotted the holes at the back.

I can't stand Mourinho but City fans do owe him a little bit. Maybe more than that, actually. Not just for fucking up at United for three years but for sticking his fingers up Liverpool's nose when he really didn't have to. Chelsea couldn't really win the league anymore after that stupid loss at home to Sunderland the week beforehand, but Mourinho went to Anfield to purely to piss them off and make a point. From the moment he stopped Gerrard picking that ball up for a throw-in after 2 mins he got in their heads.

I looked at the run in a few months back and thought it looked pretty good with the exception being spurs away.
We really need to hope that Spurs' fate re CL football is decided -- either definitely in or out -- by this match. We don't want them thinking they need to beat City to make it.

We really need to hope that Spurs' fate re CL football is decided -- either definitely in or out -- by this match. We don't want them thinking they need to beat City to make it.
They should know if 5th place gets a spot before then, which means they're looking at not dropping an 11pt gap to United. If we reach the CL final (which would obviously mean Bayern didn't), then we might have got them into the CL ourselves.

Spurs do have a much tougher run in than United though, but 11pts with 7 games to go is still a huge gap. Villa are also still in Europe, and they're run in is just as tough as Spurs.

We are only 2 behind liverpool so that's possible but 11 behind arsenal so that seems unlikely.

We’re in reality at worse only 1 behind Liverpool, they have to lose so min of -1 and City draw so 0 for it to be relevant.

In regards Arsenal they are too far ahead and I imagine the club might take the view the effort would not be worth it given the other comps we are win and we are better concentrating on getting the points.

I do wonder how Liverpool will approach this given this is what is separating them from Arsenal and if this has a knock on effect.

2-0 up seeing a game out and conserving energy, could prove better than chasing another and conceding giving momentum to the other team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.