The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you not see them last night? He's spot on, they dont have the mentality, get way too giddy. They will repeat last years collapse at the end of the season. Add in the pressure and excitement of Champions league games and they'll be wiped.

Sorry, just saw you are an Arsenal fan. From the outside this is exactly how you appear.

I thought we showed a lot of resilience last night to hold onto the win despite being down to 10 men. And we didn’t give up in the Community Shield. Arguably, we handled the penalty pressure better than you. Given however, how widespread this stereotypical meme is on here, it’s certainly how you City fans seem to view us. I’d love a pound for every time the word ‘giddy’ has been used on here. But if it makes you lot happy in believing it, carry on, no skin off my nose.

For me it's not just if Rodri picks up an injury, it's who plays when he needs a rest that's the problem.
There are more options than we realise:

Stones and Kovačić
Stones and Bernardo
Stones and Lewis
Stones and Akanji
Stones and Gvardiol
Stones and Phillips
Kovačić and Bernardo
Kovačić and Lewis
Kovačić and Akanji
Kovačić and Gvardiol
Kovačić and Phillips
Lewis and Bernardo
Lewis and Akanji
Lewis and Phillips
Lewis and Gvardiol
Akanji and Bernardo
Akanji and Gvardiol
Akanji and Phillips
Phillips and Bernardo
Phillips and Gvardiol
Bernardo and Gvardiol
… or any of them on their own.

Over the course of the season in the EFL Cup and FA Cup early rounds, the opening game in the World Club Cup, some of the weaker teams at home in the PL and CL, many of these combinations should be good enough to give Rodri a rest.

I thought we showed a lot of resilience last night to hold onto the win despite being down to 10 men. And we didn’t give up in the Community Shield. Arguably, we handled the penalty pressure better than you. Given however, how widespread this stereotypical meme is on here, it’s certainly how you City fans seem to view us. I’d love a pound for every time the word ‘giddy’ has been used on here. But if it makes you lot happy in believing it, carry on, no skin off my nose.
Yeah but you did bottle the last two seasons though so you can talk out your ass about winning a charity game on pens but when it mattered in the past you bottled it, if you don’t like the truth I would advice you to piss off to Arsenal Mania where you belong

Yeah but you did bottle the last two seasons though so you can talk out your ass about winning a charity game on pens but when it mattered in the past you bottled it, if you don’t like the truth I would advice you to piss off to Arsenal Mania where you belong

Thank you for your cogent and well meaning advice. I’ll take it under advisement.

Why? This isn’t RAWK, opposition fans should be welcome. It’s not like he’s come in and called us all cunts and slipped on ‘115 charges’, ‘financial doping’, ‘Emptyhad’ comments.

The more opposition fans there are on here, the better. It stops us becoming warped in our outlook and trapped in an echo chamber of the same biased thoughts… that’s what leads to cult like fanbases. I think there’s too much of that recently with our fanbase, we’re getting far too touchy and sensitive and a bit paranoid.

I agree with him. I think our perception of Arsenal being overemotional all the time is overegged.

There’s no doubt that they have been overemotional at times, it was definitely one of the reasons they slipped away last season with the over excitement from wins at Spurs and Villa and against Bournemouth, and a few of them completely seeing their arse in defeats at Everton and City… but it’s not all the time and wasn’t last night despite loads of comments about it in the live game thread and the Arsenal thread after the game. That was simply a run-of-the-mill post-game celebration that any team has from any week to the next.

And I’m someone who doesn't like Arsenal at all and I can’t stand Arteta.

Why? This isn’t RAWK, opposition fans should be welcome. It’s not like he’s come in and called us all cunts and slipped on ‘115 charges’, ‘financial doping’, ‘Emptyhad’ comments.

The more opposition fans there are on here, the better. It stops us becoming warped in our outlook and trapped in an echo chamber of the same biased thoughts… that’s what leads to cult like fanbases. I think there’s too much of that recently with our fanbase, we’re getting far too touchy and sensitive and a bit paranoid.

I agree with him. I think our perception of Arsenal being overemotional all the time is overegged.

There’s no doubt that they have been overemotional at times, it was definitely one of the reasons they slipped away last season with the over excitement from wins at Spurs and Villa and against Bournemouth, and a few of them completely seeing their arse in defeats at Everton and City… but it’s not all the time and wasn’t last night despite loads of comments about it in the live game thread and the Arsenal thread after the game. That was simply a run-of-the-mill post-game celebration that any team has from any week to the next.

I don't mind fans coming and talking about their own team, giving a view of someone who watches their team week in and out when we are about to play them, but he's all over the main forum like a rash, getting excited that Pep has an injury, disrupting conversations I want to have with fellow blues about my own team. There was multiple Arsenal fans that's did the same last season as well. He's like a knobhead in a pub who won't leave you alone to chat with a mate you've met because he's overheard something you're talking about and is now dominating the table.

Thank you for that balanced and welcoming post. Much appreciated. I’m new to this forum and still ‘finding my feet’ so to speak, gauging how views are expressed and responded to.

I have been a bit surprised at how sensitive some of you are on here but there you go.

And I’m someone who doesn’t dislike City. I admire the football you’ve played these past few years and I do like Pep. One of the greats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.