The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The stars are aligning.

I believe!
Gotta say did not watch Liverpool game but followed it checked in every ten minutes thought it would never end ! Strangely I knew villa would win at half time I had that feeling ,I live in ireland despise the red cartel ,not sure city fans realise how much city are loved here for stoping the reds ,I'd love it for city to win the lot ,I know its long way to go in league but klopp and arteta look dead on their feet after today over panicking, six games to go but they look like they don't believe they can win ! Now city go and win it all again ! Its great to be a blue

Think it’s more an issue today than it was yesterday tbh. I was more expecting if either of them dropped points, it would be a draw.

I agree I think it’ll be won on points though.
My point is more about us all ending up equal on points, rather than the GD numbers, from here with 6 games to go, it's actually quite difficult for us to end on the same points, given that all 3 of us usually win, not impossible obviously, but with each game now it gets more difficult.

I don't think GD will be an issue, it'll be won on points from here imho.
I've said so all along,. This is the point where I get annoyed with all the doom and gloom merchants. I said a couple of weeks ago that both Liverpool and Arsenal would have to win their 9 remaining games (as was) to stop City winning the title, which is highly unlikely.

In particular Liverpool have drawn 2 and now lost 1 of their last 6, and that's not including the Atalanta defeat. They have never looked like being capable of putting a 7-8 match unbeaten run together.

Arsenal have always been the threat for me, they have been there or thereabouts for the past couple of years and when you get closer and closer you're more likely to hang in there sooner or later. But even before today they were celebrating every goal or defensive save like a win. You could see the relief every time, just like the last couple of seasons. They had a good run but if it's about going on a run when the going gets tough, there's only one team capable of that in my opinion.

The fact that at this late stage of the season we're still in with another possible treble is incredible by any standards. I thought we might have a chance of getting the 4th consecutive title but at the expense of dropping out of the other comps. Just enjoy the ride people, we might end up with nothing but don't knock them for it if we do. It's still pretty remarkable how far we have gone again no matter what, and it's not over yet.

I think they'll both implode now. It's be more fun if we could go into the West ham game needing something but I think by the time we play Tottenham, it'll be all over. I think 10 points more will be enough

What we witnessed today is a direct consequence of an unbelievable, relentless winning machine getting into the heads of our rivals. They knew a win was needed, nothing else would do. The mind starts to feel heavy and the legs with it.
Exactly, our win yesterday was key, we struggled to score for long periods, but eventually went on to win 5-1.

They both struggled to score today, and they both lost. I've only seen the highlights from today, but villa looked far superior in the second half, palace just rode their luck.

We were in their heads from 5pm yesterday, and they didn't wear it well, and they'll probably be even more nervous next weekend, as they should both overtakes us, since we have other commitments.

What's more, we've used our squad very carefully, resting key players.

We all have big midweek games, but we've a substantial number of players who were rested, neither have had that luxury, and won't midweek, and we can still afford to rotate further next weekend too.

We are now in a very good position, but don't take anything for granted yet, next game matters most, but this is usually Pep at his best.

pressure is getting to our rivals. media saying for weeks how Klopp gonna win the lot, how Arteta beating off Klopp and Pep at same time.
while Pep is very much grounded, he only talks about upcoming game, laughs off any treble talk or makes a cheeky comment to press like of course we gonna win the treble and next year too its easy with these players...
so they have to quote him on these fun comments rather than on some real comment...

job far from done tho, but if we make it 4 in a row in PL, that puts us complete different planet from the rest. no other club will win 4 in a row next before we are all 6 feet under.

thats what I want, 4 games won in a row in PL :), we had Villa, Palace, Luton for three next one Brighton:)

btw funny we put 4 goals past Villa and Palace both 2 weeks ago who both got very nice clean sheets today.

I think they'll both implode now. It's be more fun if we could go into the West ham game needing something but I think by the time we play Tottenham, it'll be all over. I think 10 points more will be enough
I hope so, because as long as we're relying on getting a win away at Spurs, I'm not willing to say anything's done.

Stay focused win our 6 games that we are more than capable of and producing history which will never be broken we can do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.