The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is the manager and experienced players responsibility to clear any negative emotions from our system after loosing to RM. It is time to show our quality and solidarity to make huge statement and win both the FA Cup and PL.
Come on City.

Strictly speaking, we’ve never won ‘the Double’.
Well that's very loose but correct on a technicality. We have won the double on two occasions as part of two trebles (English Domestic Treble and "Real" Treble) but not won only the FA Cup and League (just posting for any members who are not from the UK and don't understand.

Well that's very loose but correct on a technicality. We have won the double on two occasions as part of two trebles (English Domestic Treble and "Real" Treble) but not won only the FA Cup and League (just posting for any members who are not from the UK and don't understand.

I'd say it's incorrect on a technicality, in that you can't win the trebles we have without winning the double!

They get logged as both doubles and trebles in the history books I would have thought.

As an aside, win the double this season and we'll have won it the joint-most times in history.

But the narrative at the time was how much of a winning run we were on not unbeaten run

I thought it was an unbeaten run. That Wolves game was 24th October 2017 and we'd already drawn in the league on 21st August...maybe it was a record back then still. Won 18 in a row in the league after that draw.

According to the BBC:

England do still have a slim outside chance of securing the fifth Champions League spot next season but it would now take an unlikely sequence of results.

If Aston Villa won both legs of their Europa Conference semi-final against Olympiakos and then the final, and the three German teams who have reached the semi-finals of European competition this season all lost both legs and were eliminated, England would get the fifth spot.

Results this week confirmed that Italy will get an extra Champions League place next season.
Yeah that's not quite right, the Germans can get 2 points and would finish behind England if Villa win their last 3.

It isn't likely but neither was the English teams nose diving in the last 2 weeks.

I didnt watch Liverpool last night, couldn't bare to watch in case there was an heroic comeback.

From what i've heard they looked very tired and leggy and devoid of ideas, which is good news for us of course.
3 away games now in a row, if they drop anything that could be them done for the title race, fingers crossed

I didnt watch Liverpool last night, couldn't bare to watch in case there was an heroic comeback.

From what i've heard they looked very tired and leggy and devoid of ideas, which is good news for us of course.
3 away games now in a row, if they drop anything that could be them done for the title race, fingers crossed
The pessimist in me says they threw those games against Atalanta to concentrate on the league, but they do look like they’re running out of steam a bit.

Nothing’s changed though, win all our games and we’ve still had an unbelievable season.

Just as well we looked full of beans at the end of Wednesday's match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.