The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, we have to be absolutely perfect from now on in. Brighton is going to be a stinker of a game, one where i could easily see us dropping points
What is our longest winning streak this season. I'm like you, I can't see us being capable of a long winning run. Scraping through knackered on Sat then away on South Coast Thursday hmmm could be very very tough. I'll take a draw as i feel Spurs might get something v Arse...otherwise if they don't Arsenal deserve it.

I expect City to beat Brighton quite comfortably. Sunday might be the more difficult game vs. Forest, fighting, kicking, desperate, aggrieved at points deductions & VAR decisions.
It would be funny as fuck if they get dicked by VAR again, ideally a 5-0 win for us with two var awarded penalties

That’s the spirit

I expect City to beat Brighton quite comfortably. Sunday might be the more difficult game vs. Forest, fighting, kicking, desperate, aggrieved at points deductions & VAR decisions.
I think a win v Brighton will give us confidence, then the Forest game will be better mind you we said that recently at theirs!!!!not another one of these please ...about 100 x shots we had that day!

O

our scrubby loss via a deflected goal at their place costs us. But all in all we have huffed and puffed a little too much this season. Poor planning in the summer - looks like another mass exodus again - i don't know if we have planned well enough to build a rounded squad when Bernie goes and maybe KDB..I'd try and keep Kev and get him playing cameos next season. Sadly, I'm resigned to not seeing Bernie play for us next season.

Hindsight. We’ll never know what really went on behind the scenes. But if Gundo and Mahrez would have stayed, we’d have pissed the league by now. All ifs and buts I know. Such a pity Paqueta got caught up in the betting scandal. He would and will still be a great signing. Unfortunately it looks like it’s Bernardo’s last season. As you say, hopefully Kev will stay for at least another season?

What is our longest winning streak this season. I'm like you, I can't see us being capable of a long winning run. Scraping through knackered on Sat then away on South Coast Thursday hmmm could be very very tough. I'll take a draw as i feel Spurs might get something v Arse...otherwise if they don't Arsenal deserve it.
Wow!!!

Not saying it’s unforeseen we drop points and agree we probably will drop some somewhere.

But I’ll take a point is just crazy.

A Brighton team with so many players missing.

We win this game 7/8 times out of 10.

The game we take a point at is Spurs away if it still leaves it in our hands.

Otherwise we have to go for the 3!!

The best team always wins the league.

Does anyone think we’ve been the best team at any point this season? Every time we’ve won it previously I’ve always felt we were the top side. This season we couldn’t beat any top team on our own pitch.

If we somehow pulled it off it would be the most outrageous title win we’ve ever had and Pep will have pulled off something remarkable.

6 league games. We’re already on 3 now, so we need to comfortably beat our longest run of the season so far.

True but we thought the same for the scousers did we not. I just think they could drop 2 points there.
Liverpool only lost due to very poor finishing. Arsenal are scoring for fun, even though they lost recently. If Coventry can score 4 against United……

The best team always wins the league.

Does anyone think we’ve been the best team at any point this season? Every time we’ve won it previously I’ve always felt we were the top side. This season we couldn’t beat any top team on our own pitch.

If we somehow pulled it off it would be the most outrageous title win we’ve ever had and Pep will have pulled off something remarkable.

Fair comment, mate. We haven’t been the best team this season performance and consistency wise. Yet, as you say, we can still win the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.