The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Always looked difficult. There is still a very small possibility... say tomorrow Arsenal win by one. On the off-chance we absolutely pump Spurs... say we get another 4+. Go into the last game with better GD and better GS.

Arsenal then play Everton, who have conceded fewer goals than anybody outside the top three, so could hold them to a one goal win. In which case we would only need a draw v West Ham.

A crazily specific set of results would need to happen for that.
Crazy stuff never happens no on the last day..oh wait ;-)

I honestly think that's been overplayed a bit.

If they go for it against us, the much more likely outcome was getting beat. A draw kept them above us, and with so few games left, you'd always take that. I think Arsenal made the right decision at the time.

Against Liverpool, City have always tried, but they've still settled for draws in a lot of those games. In 21/22, we got the draw at home, and it was considered a big boost in the title race - we'd played out closest rival, and now had the title in our own hands.
I don’t.

If Liverpool (your example) had Allison, Trent and (ederson and walker) and then Van Dijk (Ake) get injured during the first half.

Pep would go for the throat.

Same as Liverpool would of gone from our throat.

Arsenal took a backward step for the first time this season when they come here

gina-carano-sexy.gif

I don’t.

If Liverpool (your example) had Allison, Trent and (ederson and walker) and then Van Dijk (Ake) get injured during the first half.

Pep would go for the throat.

Same as Liverpool would of gone from our throat.

Arsenal took a backward step for the first time this season when they come here

We still had a stronger team v Arsenal, than Liverpool had when we played them recently. But at home Liverpool were still able to come back at us, and in the end we were lucky to get out with a point.

Way too much talk about goal difference coming into play. We obviously will be intending on winning all our games but I don't even think the players are giving it a thought as a precaution, were too far away. for it to be a factor we have to draw one so no change in GD for that game, arsenal win both their games meaning a minimum of 2 extra goals on their tally so then were needing a bare minimum of 4 goals plus whatever arsenal get in their last 2 games over 1 to beat them on GD. And let's be honest, Arsenal are going to pump united tomorrow for 5/6, we'd be needing a record breaking win to win it on goal difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.