The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as we win our next two games, that means Arsenal will go into the united game 2 points behind us. It'll be interesting how they respond then. We've already seen how they reacted when playing after us against Villa. They shit their pants.
Like I said two games ago no matter how bad United are right now...Arsenal will not be looking forward to this game for a few reasons...
Piss poor record at Old Trafford.
History shows they don't react well under pressure.

Way too much talk about goal difference coming into play. We obviously will be intending on winning all our games but I don't even think the players are giving it a thought as a precaution, were too far away. for it to be a factor we have to draw one so no change in GD for that game, arsenal win both their games meaning a minimum of 2 extra goals on their tally so then were needing a bare minimum of 4 goals plus whatever arsenal get in their last 2 games over 1 to beat them on GD. And let's be honest, Arsenal are going to pump united tomorrow for 5/6, we'd be needing a record breaking win to win it on goal difference.

You're right but I'm thinking of GD as a way we can potentially wrap the league up way more comfortably.

The final day has a very different feel if Arsenal scrape a win tomorrow and we manage a hatful v Spurs (which they are susceptible to as their defence is temperamental).

Imagine Arsenal win 1-0 and we win 6-0 v Spurs (unlikely but weirder things have happened). Because of goals scored, suddenly Arsenal need to win by 4 versus a really solid Everton defence and hope we draw v West Ham. It would be almost hopeless for them at that point. Could make the final day a formality - and we know from past experience that the last day is weird so that's no small benefit.

No they , Villa, need a win I think.
I thought the GD between Villa and Spurs was currently +9 in Villa’s favour, so that’s why I was saying a draw would realistically be enough to wipe our Spurs chances.
Edit - no, you’re right!

Goal difference just became a thing again after that.

Only 2 behind now and we have scored more.
We would have to win by 4 on the last day, assuming they only win by 1. It is out the window. Needed 6 to make it part of anything. Could have been, with a couple chances being sharper. I am delighted and not at all complaining, but GD is out now, imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.