The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Important that we followed up Liverpool's loss with that win to let them know we'll capitalize on any slip-ups.

We now have 3 home games in a row against Everton, Chelsea and Brentford.

We'll probably need all 9 points to keep pace with Liverpool as their fixtures in that time are Burnley and Luton at home and Brentford away.

I think we win all three with the way we're currently playing.

We where very good last night, but Brentford defended with lots of energy and attacked with a clear plan.

They looked a goal threat at times, scored but also at 2-1 had a period where we needed the third goal as they where building up pressure.

it’s one I’ll be expecting Liverpool to win but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have it their own way.

Burnley and Luton, Liverpool will be a league above but they won’t make it easy. However, I expect Liverpool to have too much and ultimately win.

The title race really seems set to start at Anfield and push on from there.

Looking at the remaining fixtures for Arse Pool and us it's going to be tight. We have to win at Anfield which is a tall order and beat Arsenal. I can't see many points being dropped by any of the three challengers. Liverpool looked poor at the weekend but other than us they don't really have a hard game until May. Arsenal have Spuds, MU and us away. Hopefully it will be us by 3 or 4 points.

Looking at the remaining fixtures for Arse Pool and us it's going to be tight. We have to win at Anfield which is a tall order and beat Arsenal. I can't see many points being dropped by any of the three challengers. Liverpool looked poor at the weekend but other than us they don't really have a hard game until May. Arsenal have Spuds, MU and us away. Hopefully it will be us by 3 or 4 points.
European football is about to return. Loads more twists and turns yet.

No. If we match Liverpool's points tally in their remaining games, along with winning our game in hand, a draw will be enough at Anfield.

1000011452.jpg

I think!

Ok let me try again.
I believe that if we don't win at Anfield we won't win the Title this year. Nothing to do with maths, just a belief in how it will play out.
I get where you are coming from. As you implied, I was looking at it from a purely mathematical point of view. In my opinion, we should go there looking to win the game, regardless of a draw being enough. I merely went on what you said in your post.

I get where you are coming from. As you implied, I was looking at it from a purely mathematical point of view. In my opinion, we should go there looking to win the game, regardless of a draw being enough. I merely went on what you said in your post.
Still a lot of games. The wheels still might come off one of the other two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.