The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Realistically, I don't think goal difference is a factor for City now. Arsenal are that bit ahead and also would need to have better results in the final games for it to come down to goal difference. So the chances of catching them that way are slim at best. Huge winning margins are usually pretty rare at the end of a season when all the games are must-win. Too much tension unless you score a couple really early.

It's going to be tight but you have to back this team to get the job done. If Arsenal lose to Spurs it's in the bag.

You would probably get incredible odds on us winning it on goal difference. But I think that ship has likely sailed.

Spurs need to deliver. one fucking time. same as Everton vs dippers.

really like when other step up vs our rivals, and Emery, Glasner, Ten Hag, Dyche all did it recently in PL. they all kind of saying "we want City to be Champions not those two red top fuckers" :)

while Pochettino the loser clearly wants Arse to win it.

I sometimes feel sad that other City fans can’t appreciate this team (and time) as they should.

This is the best team (a City team) to ever play football from these Isles.

This is empirically, objectively and unquestionably correct.

And their mental resolve is incredible.

What an amazing thing to be able to witness first hand.
It is honestly bizarre that some of the fans have more faith in Liverpool and/or Arsenal than they do our lads.

A sad remnant from the “typical city” days, I fear. It seems people cannot think anything good happens for long, but in reality city have redefined typical city into a juggernaut of winning.
There’s a reason that other fans threw in the towel the other weekend, and it’s because of the new “typical city”

It is honestly bizarre that some of the fans have more faith in Liverpool and/or Arsenal than they do our lads.

A sad remnant from the “typical city” days, I fear. It seems people cannot think anything good happens for long, but in reality city have redefined typical city into a juggernaut of winning.
There’s a reason that other fans threw in the towel the other weekend, and it’s because of the new “typical city”
Pep had presided over at least three incredible teams and had produced best results from all of them.the culture in our club to keep fighting for titles is incredible.we are privileged to whiteness this decade of success and Pep’s management.I’ve been guilty of being critical when we’ve lost games, but on reflection to provide this level of performance with the resulting trophies collected, we are privileged.Hope we win it for the players whose resolve is amazing!!

I sometimes feel sad that other City fans can’t appreciate this team (and time) as they should.

This is the best team (a City team) to ever play football from these Isles.

This is empirically, objectively and unquestionably correct.

And their mental resolve is incredible.

What an amazing thing to be able to witness first hand.
Spot on. The reality check will be when Pep moves on.

What's the feeling amongst Arsenal fans about Liverpool? They're utterly despised by our fans and have been since 2014, or certainly 2018. Are you quite as venomous towards them?
Absolutely hate them for their victim mentality and insistence on making everything about them. I'd say we dislike them more than Spurs, or at least many of us do.

We don't have the same dislike for the Rags that you do (for obvious reasons) but the Dippers we really don't like.

Think they different this season? Chelsea had more possession than Arsenal because they do get everyone behind the ball for a time and defend for a while.

That's not taking it easy or relaxing though, that's having to defend and track and run. We keep the ball. The last 15 minutes last night was dull as hell, that's what we do. Game's won, time to see it out. Save the legs for the next one. I watched the Arsenal game, Rice was still sprinting up and down the pitch in injury time trying to prevent them from conceding and trying to create at the other end.

Absolutely hate them for their victim mentality and insistence on making everything about them. I'd say we dislike them more than Spurs, or at least many of us do.

We don't have the same dislike for the Rags that you do (for obvious reasons) but the Dippers we really don't like.
They are universally disliked for the very reasons you state, the sad thing is they honestly believe that everyone loves them and want's to be like them

If Arsenal can beat Spurs in Sunday according to quite a few posters (definitely a good possibility) then there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't beat them.

Forget our record against them on their patch as we will be putting everything into retaining our title with no distractions whatsoever. With a fully fit squad (hopefully) we know what we have to do.
I thought the Cup game away after Christmas is easily one of our best performances this season. The passing was quick and the movement was superb; like we have come to expect.

Early season, the players were understandably lethargic, which is why I rated this performance so highly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.