The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s the hope that kills you, although it would be a great birthday present for me
A few players back. Their better players.
Last home game of the season.
United fans behind the the team.
City beat Fulham?
The pressure is on Arsenal.
You never know.

Going on Saturday… in the Fulham end though with my mate who’s a season ticket holder there.. he’s told me to behave but is confident I’ll be hiding my smile… let’s fucking hope so!

It’s the hope that kills you, although it would be a great birthday present for me
If we lose to this Rags outfit we should relegate ourselves out of shame.

My understanding is that Fernandes will be back but Rashford and Martinez won't be.

I'd fancy myself to score against that Rags back 4, let alone Saka and Odegaard.

Ten Hag 2024: "We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment”.

John Carver 2016: “"I still think I'm the best coach in the Premier League”.

A few players back. Their better players.
Last home game of the season.
United fans behind the the team.
City beat Fulham?
The pressure is on Arsenal.
You never know.
Soz but their last home game is next Wednesday, when they lose to Newcastle

So is wanting us to win by 5, 6, 7, 8, 15 or whatever. One is a touch more restrained that's all. This thread has it all, there's room for both.
It’s not the same though. There are only two feasible ways we can win this title. Win all our games or win two and draw one. For the latter to conceivably happen we need to win big in the other two. All some posters (including me) are saying is that if we’re winning by a decent margin on Saturday after (say) an hour, then we would prefer us to try and increase that lead rather than preserve it, as a form of insurance - and to put more pressure on Arsenal. Others may disagree with that approach and they are perfectly entitled to, as it’s a perfectly logical and sensible, if somewhat cautious perspective.

On the other hand, every single poster on here (who is a blue) wants us to win all three, irrespective of how we do it. There is no sensible counterpoint to that perspective.

So there is a distinction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.