The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Here we go again, setting this up as usual. Not for one second calling it a title race right now, more just a place for discussion as usual.

Looking like it'll be a battle between us and Arsenal, with Liverpool an outside shot, although I expect they'll fall away.

Both us and Arsenal have had comfortable home wins and good away results.

Points poll up as usual.

I have a feeling this could be a bit like 2019/20 where we can't afford a slow start, so far, so good.

The game on the 22nd is a rather large one, will be interesting to see how Arteta sets his team up. Certainly a chance for us to lay down a marker.

I was looking at the Opta analyst model this morning ….Interestingly enough the model thinks Arsenal is going to regress YoY. In fact the model expects us to get 90 points and Arsenal only to get 79. There must be something in Arsenal’s stats from last year that the model feels isn’t sustainable. I thought that was interesting.

I tend to stay out of this thread and I don’t make predictions about how City will do for two reasons:
(1) the only thing i am remotely superstitious about isn not tempting fate;
(2) no way am I going to predict any team is going to do better than this City team or even entertain such thinking.

Of course, we won’t win everything: history tells us that but I have no idea where we will fall down so I’ll stick with one game at a time.

I will offer the opinion that we do have the most quality in our squad again although it’s obviously not the deepest and I would like us to sign another striker.

It could go any way this year. Arsenal are going to go one better so we need to as well. I think the league generally will be poorer compared to us both so there will be a lot of points to be had.

This is perhaps where Pep is going to earn his money. The squad is looking a bit thinner and some are a year older, his most underrated talent has always been reinventing positions and players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.