The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will offer the opinion that we do have the most quality in our squad again although it’s obviously not the deepest and I would like us to sign another striker.

I actually believe that we have the “deepest” squad in terms of genuine quality. Just look at who we had to come off the bench yesterday, and think about the injured players to come back (Rodri, supposedly the player we can't win without, we've now exploded that myth, but he's not far away, and I'd rather see him on the pitch!). If you have a squad of, say, twenty players and virtually anyone who's in the nine not on the pitch could make a serious claim to replace a player out there, then you've got a deep squad where it counts. And I really don't think that either Arsenal or Liverpool run us close on that count.

I was looking at the Opta analyst model this morning ….Interestingly enough the model thinks Arsenal is going to regress YoY. In fact the model expects us to get 90 points and Arsenal only to get 79. There must be something in Arsenal’s stats from last year that the model feels isn’t sustainable. I thought that was interesting.

Be curious to know how they calculate that. 79 points?!! I'd be more than astonished.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get the 90, though. The incalculable factor, of course, is a points deduction. I don't think it will happen, but nobody on here really knows f.a. about it, do they?
I don't often listen to Carragher, but he pointed out a thing on Sky that I hadn't fully grasped at the time. (Carragher's predicting us for the league, by the way). In the season Liverpool won it, out of their first twenty-seven games, they won twenty-six. Oh and they drew the other. That is just plain nuts. And that is the standard City have now set the others.

Be curious to know how they calculate that. 79 points?!! I'd be more than astonished.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get the 90, though. The incalculable factor, of course, is a points deduction. I don't think it will happen, but nobody on here really knows f.a. about it, do they?
I don't often listen to Carragher, but he pointed out a thing on Sky that I hadn't fully grasped at the time. (Carragher's predicting us for the league, by the way). In the season Liverpool won it, out of their first twenty-seven games, they won twenty-six. Oh and they drew the other. That is just plain nuts. And that is the standard City have now set the others.
Yeah they didn’t explain how the model determined the points total. I’d be curious to get more color on that. Personally I think Arsenal are capable of getting in the 80s

To win the league 84 points, I think there will be no one who will be able to consistently beay everyone else... with one exception.

Is the poll to predict how many points the champions will finish on or how many points will be one more than the second place team?
It’s usually the latter and that’s what I’ve based my vote on but just wanted it clarifying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.