The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair point, I meant more after the bloody nose of losing our best player and dropping points two games on the trot.
Let's remind them we're a machine.

Defo need to get back on the horse. It's never been about losses for us. It's the amount of draws which usually kill a title challenge.

Avoid defeat on the weekend and we're on the joint 7th longest unbeaten league run in English football history.

1 Arsenal 49 2003-2004

2 Liverpool 44 2019-2020

3 Nottingham Forest 42 1977-1978

4 Chelsea 40 2004-2005

5 Leeds 34 1968-1969

6 Liverpool 31 1987-1988

7 Manchester City 30 2017-2018

=7 Arsenal 30 2001-2002

=7 Leeds 30 1973-1974

=7 Burnley 30 1920-1921

=11 Manchester City 29 2023-2024

That team in 2017/18 wasn't a bad one, either!

I still think that was our best side - 100 points.

We'd have won the CL if we hadn't have drawn Liverpool.
Hardly

Real Madrid was still strong that season, too strong. They killed Liverpool in the final, just throw the league and cup off and they give everything in the CL KO stage

Hardly

Real Madrid was still strong that season, too strong. They killed Liverpool in the final, just throw the league and cup off and they give everything in the CL KO stage

You say it as if it's a wild statement. We were delivering some of the greatest performances ever seen in England. They wouldn't have wanted to have faced us that's for sure.

They also didn't kill Liverpool. Liverpool were doing quite well until their keeper decided to drop two absolute clangers.

We'd have beaten Madrid in my opinion and any other foreign side. It was actually one of Madrid's worse performing season's of the last decade - 3rd with just 76 points.

Arsenal's fixtures a couple of weeks ago was away at Spurs on the Sunday, away at Atalanta on the thursday then away at the Etihad on the Sunday when City had been at home to Inter a day earlier. So I think for such pivotal fixture more consideration for the recovery could have been given by either moving Arsenal's game at Atalanta to the wednesday or moving the game at the Etihad to the monday as that was a clear advantage for City. Maybe it evens out over a season but games between title contenders should IMHO be treated differently.
Spurs away is what about 5 miles???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.