The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to be the pedant (actually I’m not!) but you travel up to the capital and down from it, irrespective of what direction you are going geographically :-)

I'm not sure I agree. As far as I can see, that's not the case in other countries, so it's not a hard and fast rule for capitals, and even the London situation is one that was based on temporary usage of 'up' on the railway system.

It's not therefore a strict rule, but surely a once common usage that didn't exist for most of London's life, isn't commonly used now, and should definitely not take precedence over "down South".

I'm not sure I agree. As far as I can see, that's not the case in other countries, so it's not a hard and fast rule for capitals, and even the London situation is one that was based on temporary usage of 'up' on the railway system.

It's not therefore a strict rule, but surely a once common usage that didn't exist for most of London's life, isn't commonly used now, and should definitely not take precedence over "down South".
The internet says we’re both right. And wrong!

Oh dear!

Saka has gone all Scouse.

View attachment 133636
I saw the interview, Saka was kind of put on the spot by Thierry Henry who said 'surely this is the year you must win the title' to which Saka originally replied 'phhheeewww. I don't know man,' but then said 'we've been getting closer every year and I guess this year we've got to get across the line'. Something like that. I'm not sure how else he is supposed to respond to that kind of question as if he'd said something more pessimistic the press would have leapt on that as well.

Anyway it's all moot as Postecoglou has made it clear already that he wins the title in his 2nd season so I guess City, Arsenal and Dippers are fighting it out for 2nd anyway.

I saw the interview, Saka was kind of put on the spot by Thierry Henry who said 'surely this is the year you must win the title' to which Saka originally replied 'phhheeewww. I don't know man,' but then said 'we've been getting closer every year and I guess this year we've got to get across the line'. Something like that. I'm not sure how else he is supposed to respond to that kind of question as if he'd said something more pessimistic the press would have leapt on that as well.

Anyway it's all moot as Postecoglou has made it clear already that he wins the title in his 2nd season so I guess City, Arsenal and Dippers are fighting it out for 2nd anyway.
Are you seriously trying to suggest that a media headline could possibly misrepresent what someone has said?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.