The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rice isnt a patch on rodri, never has been and never will be, same as guimaraes, guimaraes i wouldnt even give 55 never mind 100.

Plus I thought it was widely reported at the time that Rice wanted to stay in London.

Last season in the early part people were saying we were nuts to let Palmer, Mahrez and Gundo go. We managed ok, I think. There is no-one like Rodri in the world, and we just need to move on from that for this season, and see what we can do with what we've got.
We've got the best solutions-man in the world at the helm. That should help.

Arsenal to win it
Liverpool 2nd
City, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa fighting for the last 2 spots.
Worst case scenario but certainly possible. Our start has surely been better than some of our title winning seasons already though, even though we are far from our best?
Let the dippers and arsenal fight it out for the Xmas and Easter champions tiles as per - see how we are in April.

They don’t have to be, just better than Nunes, McAtee, 34 year old Gundo and Kova.
We aint paying a 100m for someone to sit on the bench which is where rice would have been last year and IF he had replaced rodri we would still be having the same conversation as you would then see that neither of those two 100m or not are a patch on him, i said before same with phillips and same with anyone when you have the very best the drop off is noticeable whoever you bring in, i guarantee you that if we had dropped 100m on guimaraes and then asked him to replace rodri in our midfield we'd all be saying i cant believe we spunked a 100m on a brazillian kalvin phillips, that is just how good rodri is.

I want us to get to Liverpool (A) at the start of December unbeaten, we play 7 league games before then.

Next league games:
28th Sept - Newcastle (A)
5th Oct - Fulham (H)
20th Oct - Wolves (A)
26th Oct - Southampton (H)
2nd Nov - Bournemouth (A)
9th Nov - Brighton (A)
23rd Nov - Spurs (H)
1st Dec - Liverpool (A)

So the next game is the hardest game until Liverpool.

If we go unbeaten before that Liverpool game with at least 6 wins we'll be in a great position.

So I posted this before the Newcastle game. I knew we'd drop points v Newcastle but I said we then need 6 wins before Liverpool (A).

I stand by that because I think we're going to struggle in the big games this season due to player availability. However, we can still win it if we win all of the games we're expected too. Do I think we'll do that? Probably not based on what we've seen so far this season, we're giving up too many chances.

If we win the next 5, that should make up for the guaranteed loss at Liverpool.

Next league games:
20th Oct - Wolves (A)
26th Oct - Southampton (H)
2nd Nov - Bournemouth (A)
9th Nov - Brighton (A)
23rd Nov - Spurs (H)
1st Dec - Liverpool (A)

We won a 4th title in a row with KDB and Haaland out for months. Actually, last season we were in for another Treble as late as late April. Penalties stopped us.

In 19/20 we lost Laporte and Sane for most of the season and things went south. Remember, the 17-19 squad had only one consistently good CB in Laporte (Kompany was often injured, Stones was often injured/inconsistent) and didn't have a genuine LB.

Even the greatest teams struggle to win 5 league titles in a row. Sacchi's Milan never won 2 Serie A titles in a row, never mind 4 or 5. Yet they are considered amongst the very best.

To evaluate the strength of squads in a vacuum as you do is not the best approach.
Haaland wasn’t out for months.

He only missed 5 Premier League games when he picked up that injury in December: Luton, Palace, Everton, SheffUtd and Newcastle (10th December - 13th January).

And the best player in the world was playing for us last season. He’s out for the season now and there’s a massive Rodri shaped hole in our team without him.

Was always going to be a tall order to win it 5 in a row but tbh without Rodri and hoping Haaland stays fit the entire season I’m not holding out much hope this season as both arsenal and Liverpool look well up for it and we look aged . We can’t win it every season . Also we need pep to say yes of no so we can then look to the future and start to plan for the new coach and new players .

Crikey. Some of you need a slap!

City haven't lost a league game since December last year. Some of you talking about fighting it out with Villa and Spuds for 4th lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.