The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Liverpool are still top of the table in early December they can be classified as contenders. So far, they've had a very easy start and I am certain there will be a reality check for them very soon.
I am very much looking forward to that... if it happens. Should there be the teensiest, slightest possibility of them being in for the title to stop the 115 5peat they will have even more dodgy reffing decisions go their way...

Reactions: Bez
Sorry - But I read the Liverpool have played no one stuff and Arsenal are mentally weak etc …… but have we been that good this season ? I personally don’t think we have.
There is a lot of outside issues ( more pep contract than anything ) that will impact us, plus injuries and aging key players that mean we ain’t as good as we were 2 seasons ago….

This title is a long way from being in the bag.

Sorry - But I read the Liverpool have played no one stuff and Arsenal are mentally weak etc …… but have we been that good this season ? I personally don’t think we have.
There is a lot of outside issues ( more pep contract than anything ) that will impact us, plus injuries and aging key players that mean we ain’t as good as we were 2 seasons ago….

This title is a long way from being in the bag.
True, this is not a strong Premier League this season. Doesn’t matter though, as long as you win it. Just look at most of Fergie’s titles.

Really cant judge us ever in Oct. Virtually every season apart from the Centurions we have looked a bit washed up early on and the media experts are circling like squawking vultures. The only real difference this year is we dont have Rodri - and that will matter. But let's see where we are in Feb and we'll have a better idea (and we are not badly placed right now!)
I keep reading this sort of comment.

In every season apart from 2019-20 and 2020-21 we have started the season very strongly, even including Pep’s first season with us.

Granted, so far this season we haven’t looked good for anymore than a few spells here and there in games. But this is nowhere near the norm for us.

So early in the season but a draw at Newcastle and home to Arsenal are the same results as last year. So we’re no worse than last year points wise.
We drew with Chelsea last year but won this year so an improvement.

As a chess player I like small margins.

Really cant judge us ever in Oct. Virtually every season apart from the Centurions we have looked a bit washed up early on and the media experts are circling like squawking vultures. The only real difference this year is we dont have Rodri - and that will matter. But let's see where we are in Feb and we'll have a better idea (and we are not badly placed right now!)
23/24 18pts 1st.
22/23 17pts 2nd
21/22 14pts 3rd
20/21 11pts 10th (easily our worst start)
19/20 16pts 2nd
18/19 19pts 1st
17/18 19pts 1st (centurions season)
16/17 18pts 1st (finished 3rd)
15/16 15pts 2nd (finished 4th)

I dunno, they've hardly played anyone big test for them tomorrow.

If they're our main challengers then I think we'll be fine given were Rodri-less all season.
Not sure Chelsea at home will be a big test, expect them to control the game and win.
However big tests do lie in the not so distant future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.