The Top 4 you would never expect

fbloke

Like most City fans there are some pretty nice vibes coming from the new manager already.

There seems to be a swagger in his very being which comes with a real winner.

From the plodding, scientific and pedestrian planning of Hughes' tenure there seems now to be an imagination in the development of the team and hopefully in the squad moving forward.

I fully expect (not hope or pray) that City will be in the top four at the end of this season and can see a squad containing many more world class players celebrating the fact come the final whistle of the final league game.

And come that final whistle i have a funny feeling that the top four will be

Chelsea
Aston Villa
Manchester City
Arsenal

Now call me an old fashioned Manu Hater but the form they have been showing all season suggests that they need to invest and invest heavily, but they don't have the cash. So ha ha ha ha ha.

Liverpool will finish 8th and be looking for new players, new manager and a new owner come next season, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

For any of the younger readers of this please dont worry, i really havent gone mental (gone or am - pah thats a moot point) there was a time when the Sky 4 were not as dominant. Indeed before Sky came along weird teams like Leeds, Everton, Villa, Notts Forest and Derby won the league when UNited couldnt get close.

Football is cyclical and I see clear signs of the recent dominance fracturing and luck changing.

For some of the old hands here on Bluemoon please consider this the Sky 4 had taken advantage of a perfect storm of money and players signing only for them and all of the other teams failing to hit the high notes. And indeed luck plays its part in all sport and the Sky 4 are now running out of it.

Injuries are going against them and players are too expensive for them to assume dominance in the transfer matket so they cant buy their way to success for the first time in a very long time.

So get ready for a massively shocking change in the football hierarchy.

Imagine also that when United dont get into the top 4 their place in the Europa League may well be under a new manager and perhaps, just perhaps they will have 12 managers in the following 14 years trying to regain old glories.

Liverpool no longer have the 'boot room' system in place to fill the role of manager from within and will be skint, with an outdated stadium and no European football at all. No a great team to be signing on as manager so the Dippers can only dream of Mourinho, Hiddink or Mancini.

The shock to the Premiership that we see at the end of this season will only be added to next year when Arsenal enter a serious ownership battle between a Yank and a Russian which may well wreck the Wenger dream.

There is a long way to go and I am not suggesting you put your mortgage on this but I have a real feeling that things are about to change, big time.

The only thing that was Hughes's downfall was the defence.

Wins against Hull, Burnley, Fulham at home would have put us on 35 points with a game in hand.

If he can bring in a commanding, mouthy, organising Centre-Half then I feel we could reach for 2nd/3rd.

That would be my dream top 4. I highly doubt it though! ManUre always seems to find a way to grind out enough results to get to where they need to be. They do look very vulnerable though but I doubt others (us included?) will be consistent enough to overtake them this year. Hope I am wrong as that looks pretty nice.

Lots of valid points.....

I think it will be Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Villa - in that order!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.