The Tottenham Thread 12/13

jimharri said:
THFC6061 said:
Castiel said:
And they've scored 18 more goals than you. United's defensive record this season is not a benchmark of excellence. Their game plan has been to outgun the opposition and they've only just stabilised their defence to a respectable standard.

Last 9 Premier League matches...

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png
That is a staggeringly stupid post, even by the standards of a Spurs fan. What does a nine game run prove? Sweet fuck all. At a guess (can't be bothered checking; I'll leave that to our resident anorak-clad Spur), I would guess that Reading would be comfortably in the top half of a ''last nine games'' form table. Does that then make them a top half team? Does it fuck. Sweet jesus. Lord knows I've posted some shite on here (and no doubt will again), but I don't think I've ever posted such nonsense as that post. THFC6061, you'll really excelled yourself this time.

Proves how much we've missed Andy Carrol

Another fine win from Spurs today (with an all-English back four) and a brace from that man Bale.

Just five points behind City now with 12 matches to play.

fkw said:
Sure Tottenham got excited about catching us last season.
IIRC, people were bigging up Spurs as genuine title contenders last season, right up to the game at the Etihad in late January (?). Even Twitchflap himself was happy to go along with the media wankfest over Spurs. In the end, they finished fourth. Now they're playing well again this season; only a fuckwit or an Arsenal fan (same thing?) would argue about that. AVB is doing a good job there. But let's see if they can maintain this form up until may. And also it'll be interesting to see if they can keep hold of Bale for next season. He seems to be doing the same job for them as RVP is doing for the vermin. Lose him to Madrid or AN Other club (Khaldoon; open that cheque book!) and they will struggle to make the top 4 next season.

fkw said:

Last season Redknapp was in charge. And you aren't as good as last season.

In the last 14 games (incidentally about the time when Lloris started becoming first choice and Dembele returned from injury), we've picked up 31 points and City, Arsenal, and Chelsea have picked up 25 and we've had the best defense in the league. So if that continues I would start looking out behind you especially when we turn you over at WHL in April ;)

In all seriousness though we've haven't been playing that well but our defense has been pretty darn solid so if our other attacking players besides Bale start playing to their potential I'm confident that we can finish very well.

Spurs are doing well again this season they will do well to keep hold of Bale but think they will get top 4 and Arsenal will finish 5th

GHoddle said:
fkw said:

In the last 14 games (incidentally about the time when Lloris started becoming first choice and Dembele returned from injury), we've picked up 31 points and City, Arsenal, and Chelsea have picked up 25 and we've had the best defense in the league. So if that continues I would start looking out behind you especially when we turn you over at WHL in April ;)

In all seriousness though we've haven't been playing that well but our defense has been pretty darn solid so if our other attacking players besides Bale start playing to their potential I'm confident that we can finish very well.

Doesn't that put you at a disadvantage this season? Last season I remember you throwing away a big gap to finish 4th. This season most Spurs fans would be happy to finish 4th. I don't understand why some of your fans are trying to make out AVB has been a big success. He's done well, but lets be honest, the only reason you are still in the running is purely down to the brilliance of Bale, it has nothing to do with AVB.

Totally objectively, isn't it fair to say the only reason you got a point at Norwich was down to a sensational Bale solo effort? Other than that, you didn't look like getting anything from the game. At WBA, again your team offered very little and had it not been for Bale brilliance it would surely have been a draw. Yesterday there is again no doubt Bale's brilliance earned you 2 or even 3 extra points. The team in general was poor.

It's not even controversial to suggest Bale has won you 5 points in the last 3 games alone. As a team you seem like a solid unit, but very predictable and easy to defend against. I think AVB is step backwards from Harry and don't see why Spurs fans want to think otherwise. Any fool can see Bale is carrying the team. He's not simply finishing off team moves, he's actually winning valuable points by solo brilliance. In terms of how your coach has you playing, you are nothing more than a top 8 team.

bluemiester said:
GHoddle said:
fkw said:

Doesn't that put you at a disadvantage this season? Last season I remember you throwing away a big gap to finish 4th. This season most Spurs fans would be happy to finish 4th. I don't understand why some of your fans are trying to make out AVB has been a big success. He's done well, but lets be honest, the only reason you are still in the running is purely down to the brilliance of Bale, it has nothing to do with AVB.

Totally objectively, isn't it fair to say the only reason you got a point at Norwich was down to a sensational Bale solo effort? Other than that, you didn't look like getting anything from the game. At WBA, again your team offered very little and had it not been for Bale brilliance it would surely have been a draw. Yesterday there is again no doubt Bale's brilliance earned you 2 or even 3 extra points. The team in general was poor.

It's not even controversial to suggest Bale has won you 5 points in the last 3 games alone. As a team you seem like a solid unit, but very predictable and easy to defend against. I think AVB is step backwards from Harry and don't see why Spurs fans want to think otherwise. Any fool can see Bale is carrying the team. He's not simply finishing off team moves, he's actually winning valuable points by solo brilliance. In terms of how your coach has you playing, you are nothing more than a top 8 team.

As it happens, André Villas-Boas has the best record, statistically speaking, of any Tottenham Hotspur manager since the club joined the Football League in 1908...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurManagersRecords1898-2009.html

...I happen to think Harry did an excellent job with Spurs, but the simple fact is that AVB is the better manager with the better record.

I think AVB is a fantastic young manager but I think next 6 weeks will make or break their season - Europa League + West Ham A, Arsenal H, Liverpool A, Fulham H, Swansea A and then Everton H, Chelsea A, Man. City H, Wigan A. It's clear they'll need Bale at his best to make Top4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.