The Tottenham Thread 12/13

If we don't pull our finger out i can see the spuds finishing 2nd and us having a battle on are hands to be 4th or better. We don't want to finish 4th and then have to qualify, because our history in this comp aint good.

chris63 said:
If we don't pull our finger out i can see the spuds finishing 2nd and us having a battle on are hands to be 4th or better. We don't want to finish 4th and then have to qualify, because our history in this comp aint good.

Oh come on.

8 points ahead, our form is better than theirs (14 points from our last 6 against their 12 points).

Just like last year, not going to happen.

Castiel said:
THFC6061 said:
For all the criticism of Tottenham's defence, it should be noted that they've actually conceded two fewer goals than League leaders Manchester United.

And they've scored 18 more goals than you. United's defensive record this season is not a benchmark of excellence. Their game plan has been to outgun the opposition and they've only just stabilised their defence to a respectable standard.

Last 9 Premier League matches...

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png

THFC6061 said:
Castiel said:
THFC6061 said:
For all the criticism of Tottenham's defence, it should be noted that they've actually conceded two fewer goals than League leaders Manchester United.

And they've scored 18 more goals than you. United's defensive record this season is not a benchmark of excellence. Their game plan has been to outgun the opposition and they've only just stabilised their defence to a respectable standard.

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png

What's that supposed to be proving?

without a dream said:
THFC6061 said:
Castiel said:

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png

What's that supposed to be proving?

Pointless look at the league table not some selected matches

THFC6061 said:

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png
As mentioned what does that prove? You can't take a cross section out of one week in December which happens to make United look defensively competent when they clearly weren't. You don't have to shamelessly manipulate statistics either. If you must statistically compare Tottenham's relative defensive record, compare it to City who have the best record in the league so far.

Castiel said:
THFC6061 said:

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png
As mentioned what does that prove? You can't take a cross section out of one week in December which happens to make United look defensively competent when they clearly weren't. You don't have to shamelessly manipulate statistics either. If you must statistically compare Tottenham's relative defensive record, compare it to City who have the best record in the league so far.

Good lad Castiel.

chris63 said:

Hahaha

moomba said:
chris63 said:

Oh come on.

8 points ahead, our form is better than theirs (14 points from our last 6 against their 12 points).

Just like last year, not going to happen.

Some tricky games coming up and where not really setting the world on fire with our football atm.

THFC6061 said:
Castiel said:
THFC6061 said:

P0167_zps9b7b563e.png
That is a staggeringly stupid post, even by the standards of a Spurs fan. What does a nine game run prove? Sweet fuck all. At a guess (can't be bothered checking; I'll leave that to our resident anorak-clad Spur), I would guess that Reading would be comfortably in the top half of a ''last nine games'' form table. Does that then make them a top half team? Does it fuck. Sweet jesus. Lord knows I've posted some shite on here (and no doubt will again), but I don't think I've ever posted such nonsense as that post. THFC6061, you'll really excelled yourself this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.