The Tottenham Thread 12/13

BoyBlue_1985 said:
bleed.blue said:
On the evidence of yesterday's game, do THFC6061 and other spurs fans still claim that Spurs is not a one man team?
Its so blindingly obvious. If Bale gets injured then Spurs would struggle for top 4 finish

Wasn't that exactly what people were saying about Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart last season?

THFC6061 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
bleed.blue said:
On the evidence of yesterday's game, do THFC6061 and other spurs fans still claim that Spurs is not a one man team?
Its so blindingly obvious. If Bale gets injured then Spurs would struggle for top 4 finish

Wasn't that exactly what people were saying about Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart last season?
Not really no
Especially VDV he had been figured out big time

THFC6061 said:
blink922 said:
Tactical masterclass from AVB tonight.

Not a great performance by Spurs at the San Siro by any stretch of the imagination but at least AVB is still in Europe, which is more than can be said for Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Roberto Mancini and Brendan Rodgers.
*Europa League.

You can't make this comparison unless Spurs makes a run in this season's Champions League, but they didn't did they?

And half of the managers you pointed out are in a better position than Spurs in the league, and one of them is challenging for the fourth spot WITH Spurs.

No Bale and the Spuds are a shadow of the team we have seen recently.

They got lucky last night but they are through.

I hope they draw Chelsea in the next round.

The racist chanting was disgraceful yet again but uefa will do fuck all as they are more bothered about rich owners spending there own cash on there football club and local economy!

GHoddle said:
I feel like AVB made a huge tactical error tonight but I can see what his thinking was.

We didn't have any pace in the team to play on the counter attack with Bale and Lennon both missing, we just wouldn't have been much of a threat counter attacking. So I think his thinking was that we go there to control the game in their half and play a high line, and we would get a goal even if they got one or two and they would have an uphill battle. Obviously didn't work out quite like that because 1.) They were better than we expected 2.) Most of our players thought the tie was over before the match even started and 3.) Friedel isn't Lloris and leaves us horribly exposed against balls played behind the defense. If Lloris and Dawson started I doubt we would have been ripped apart by through balls and balls over the top like we were tonight.

We probably should have just gone into the game with the view of not conceding and being defensively solid but we are through regardless and learned a lesson hopefully.

1) Think it was more about your players being over-confident, and tactical mistakes by AVB. However, yes, Cassano and Palacio were brilliant yesterday which is more than can be said about Adebayor. Yes, I do know he scored the crucial goal, but he was shite throughout the match. I never understand why AVB always seem to keep Ade on and sub the other striker (in this case Defoe was not effective either). Lol, even Vertonghen played like a striker at times, and he did better. AVB was lucky that his decision was right this time, but it won't be the case every time. Ade is just too lazy. So many of your team's attacks broke down because he couldn't pass properly or couldn't get the ball past the opposition defenders. Without Bale, your team quality drops down a notch or two, which AVB humorously alluded to. Sigurdsson has shown flashes of talent, but he does not seem to step up to take over from Bale.

2) If they had seen what had happened during the Barca-Milan match, they probably should not have thought so.

3) I wouldn't blame Friedel for those defensive lapses. Imo, don't think Lloris would have done any better, except for maybe the fourth goal (header). But, if this match had gone to penalties, I think AVB would have substituted Friedel with Lloris, which is why I think he kept the third and final substitution pending till the last few minutes.

Spurs stuck with him now just as we were
10 : play well towards end of contract offered contract
20 : play shite for most of contract.
20 goto 10

THFC6061 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
bleed.blue said:

I don't remember a single person saying that. Both players were vastly overrated by your lot.

blink922 said:
THFC6061 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I don't remember a single person saying that. Both players were vastly overrated by your lot.
VDV must have been one of the most subbed players in the PL. He hardly ever lasted the full 90 minutes. Hardly up to (current) Bale standards, is it? As for Modric, he couldn't get out of WHL quick enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.