The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Manc in London said:
FantasyIreland said:
Not quite a one man team.......Dembele is fantastic,such a silky,fluid player and a great athlete.

I've said it many times before but we should have at least been in for him - a bargain.

The same Dembele who lost the ball in midfield that directly led to the second goal? ;)

-- Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:22 pm --

strongbowholic said:
Agree about Dembele. Whilst I don't think AVB is a master tactician, there is more to him than just Bale, imho.

Maybe I was harsh but IMO both Villas Boas' and Dembele's abilities are vastly overrated IMO

Seriously? name me a player that doesn't make a mistake?

He is top class,has everything in his locker.

Funny how this Inter team was criticised to no end after losing to Spurs 3-0. They were described as pathetic, shameful and embarrassing in some areas. I wonder how Spurs will be described after losing 4-1 to a 'pathetic' Inter?

On a side note: away goals shouldn't count after extra time. Unfair rule.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Funny how this Inter team was criticised to no end after losing to Spurs 3-0. They were described as pathetic, shameful and embarrassing in some areas. I wonder how Spurs will be described after losing 4-1 to a 'pathetic' Inter?

I have no problem with away goals counting after extra time. You get an extra 30 minutes to play in front of your home fans. If your fans don't make a great atmosphere for the team, then that's your own fault.

I think people are too harsh on AVB. The squad lacks depth as it is and they went into the game missing Bale, Sandro and Lennon, which is 3/5 best players. He is doing a good job for me.

supercrystal7 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

I have no problem with away goals counting after extra time. You get an extra 30 minutes to play in front of your home fans. If your fans don't make a great atmosphere for the team, then that's your own fault.

I think people are too harsh on AVB. The squad lacks depth as it is and they went into the game missing Bale, Sandro and Lennon, which is 3/5 best players. He is doing a good job for me.

Lennon played, and according to the spuds, AVB's "fantastic management" isn't down to Bale single handedly winning half their points. Guess that theory was shot down pretty quickly.

FantasyIreland said:
Manc in London said:
FantasyIreland said:
Not quite a one man team.......Dembele is fantastic,such a silky,fluid player and a great athlete.

I've said it many times before but we should have at least been in for him - a bargain.

The same Dembele who lost the ball in midfield that directly led to the second goal? ;)

-- Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:22 pm --

strongbowholic said:
Agree about Dembele. Whilst I don't think AVB is a master tactician, there is more to him than just Bale, imho.

Maybe I was harsh but IMO both Villas Boas' and Dembele's abilities are vastly overrated IMO

Seriously? name me a player that doesn't make a mistake?

He is top class,has everything in his locker.

I have witnessed him losing the ball in midfield on three different occasions that have led directly to goals. All happened this season.

'Top class'? So you are saying he is one of the best midfielders in Europe? Really? i am watching Chelsea / Steau and I would say all the central midfielders playing for Bucharest are better than him.

blink922 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Lennon played, and according to the spuds, AVB's "fantastic management" isn't down to Bale single handedly winning half their points. Guess that theory was shot down pretty quickly.
Lenon came on with 18 or so minutes left. He was left out, because he was an injury doubt.

If it was just down to Bale then why are Tottenham doing so much better than Liverpool, who have Suarez and a better team in general or Chelsea with Mata?

He has had to rely on the likes of Naughton and Livermore, yet he is currently in third above Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. I would argue that Chelsea and Liverpool have a better squad too.

I just had an interesting conversation with a Spurs fan who seemed to flip his lid after I commented on this status by simply asking him if thought they missed Bale tonight and this is what followed... I think the point in him tagging me in this was so that his Spud mates would get involved in a bit of City bashing, but he ended up with a few of my mates making snide comments instead...

Nikesh Avb
43 minutes ago
Gotta love when a Man City fan chirps on your status saying we a one man team in Bale! #Bovved! — with Matt L.
Like · Unfollow post · Tag friends · Hide from Timeline

Matt L
Like I said without Bale you're an average side, the proof is in the pudding. You can't seem to handle the truth, therefore you always get defensive and turn it around on another team. No need to piss your little pants about it is there?
42 minutes ago · Like · 5

Nikesh Avb
Like I said I'll enjoy my thurs nights with my YIDS, you enjoy yours on a tues and weds night with Shitty,.......oh wait you aint on nowt these days are ya hahaha
39 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
Nevermind, I can console myself at Wembley next month. Tough choice that though isn't it, Wembley for the 4th time in 3 years or sat at home watching the Europa league on the telly? Anyone got a coin I can flip?
37 minutes ago · Like · 1

Nikesh Avb
#Manchesters 2nd club! Forever in Manurs shadow!
35 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
Irony. I suggest you look it up in the dictionary as behind a great big cannon and a big royal blue lion there lies a little cockerell in the background.
33 minutes ago · Like · 1

Nikesh Avb
PMSL
32 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
Bless, I will leave it there shall I? I think I have more than made my point. If you can't handle a reasonable football conversation then I suggest leaving facebook alone after a game as you're only going to get yourself worked up again.
30 minutes ago · Like

Nikesh Avb
Worked up from a city fan hahaha pmsl again. Laters hahahahaha
29 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
Its obvious you have your little Gareth Bale pants in a twist.
28 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
Serious question, why are you unable to partake in a serious conversation regarding football without resorting to petty arguments regarding the other persons team?
26 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
I take it it's your bed time? Nevermind, maybe next time eh?
23 minutes ago · Like

Nikesh AvbObsessed with Gareth Bale! Don't blame ya just one player you couldn't get coz your not a big enough club! B4 you start ranting about how much money you got etc etc that don't make you a big club! THFC will ALWAYS be a BIGGER club than CITY!!
23 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Dale S
Dembele is a decent player aswell though.
23 minutes ago · Like

Matt L
How am I obsessed with Gareth Bale? I mearly pointed out that THFC are a shadow of the side they are without him in the team. And would you care to enlighten us on what you define as being a "BIG CLUB" please.
22 minutes ago · Like

Sam D
They've got mayonnaise AND mustard at there burger stands
21 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

Matt L
Fuck me that's impressive... no argument there from me then!
20 minutes ago · Like · 1

Nikesh Avb Patel Hahaha U know what I'm done with this shit I'm off to bed and I suggest you do the same so you can start DREAMING of Blae playing in that shit shirt of yours some day soon!
20 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Matt L
Nikesh, can I suggest something to you too? Next time you try and have a conversation and/or debate regarding football could you try and at least be a little more reasonable and discuss matters at hand, rather than waffling on like some petty 12 year old girl ranting about One Direction? Have a good kip, you might want to go out for a cigarette first though, to calm down. Finally, can I just take the time out to once again thank you for the 6 easy points we gained from you last season? Especially the 5-1 win at the Lane, it really helped our goal difference out on our way to winning the league. Sweet dreams Tiny Tim.
15 minutes ago · Like · 3

Nikesh Avb
Not wanna talk about this season no?
11 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Matt L
Oh, ok then, thanks for the 3 east points earlier THIS season and thanks for being so shockingly shit against the mighty Leeds United in the FA Cup so that our path to Wembley was all the more easier. There, is that better? I thought you were off to bed anyway? Trouble sleeping? Can one suggest a mug of Horlicks?
8 minutes ago · Like

Nikesh Avb Hahahaha
7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Alan W matty mate where do you find em .......and this one hasnt even got a red shirt on amazingly
15 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

I think the fact that Inter had an extra 30 minutes advantage of playing at home balances out the away goals rule.

supercrystal7 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

What does that has to do with fact that away team in 2nd leg has 30 more minutes to score away goal that would count as 2.

I feel like AVB made a huge tactical error tonight but I can see what his thinking was.

We didn't have any pace in the team to play on the counter attack with Bale and Lennon both missing, we just wouldn't have been much of a threat counter attacking. So I think his thinking was that we go there to control the game in their half and play a high line, and we would get a goal even if they got one or two and they would have an uphill battle. Obviously didn't work out quite like that because 1.) They were better than we expected 2.) Most of our players thought the tie was over before the match even started and 3.) Friedel isn't Lloris and leaves us horribly exposed against balls played behind the defense. If Lloris and Dawson started I doubt we would have been ripped apart by through balls and balls over the top like we were tonight.

We probably should have just gone into the game with the view of not conceding and being defensively solid but we are through regardless and learned a lesson hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.