The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Spurs drew at Swansea last season, so that's two extra points won today that we didn't have in 2011-12.

We're now just a point behind our tally from 31 matches last season and a win next time out at home to Everton will put us a point above last season's total after 32 games and set a new club Premier League Era record of 60 points from 32 matches.

If you compare the identical fixtures against last season, Spurs are now a point ahead.

THFC6061 said:
Spurs drew at Swansea last season, so that's two extra points won today that we didn't have in 2011-12.

We're now just a point behind our tally from 31 matches last season and a win next time out at home to Everton will put us a point above last season's total after 32 games and set a new club Premier League Era record of 60 points from 32 matches.

If you compare the identical fixtures against last season, Spurs are now a point ahead.

Everton you say? T'will be tough as fuck that game, the Toffees are flying at the moment.

Ancient Citizen said:
THFC6061 said:

Everton you say? T'will be tough as fuck that game, the Toffees are flying at the moment.

Yes, Everton have amassed a very impressive 10 points from the last 18 on offer....

A2091_zpsdecfafb1.jpg

...almost as good as the 12 points Spurs have won during the same period.

THFC6061 said:
Ancient Citizen said:
THFC6061 said:

Yes, Everton have amassed a very impressive 10 points from the last 18 on offer....

A2091_zpsdecfafb1.jpg

tumblr_lmi0t9vjOG1qzfpi8o1_400.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like your trivia questions but these fuckin graphs and stats ... christ!

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
THFC6061 said:
Ancient Citizen said:

A2091_zpsdecfafb1.jpg

tumblr_lmi0t9vjOG1qzfpi8o1_400.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like your trivia questions but these fuckin graphs and stats ... christ!
Agreed. I wish he'd give them a fucking rest. Zzzzz....

THFC6061 said:
Over on Glory Glory, we're having an interesting discussion about what would be the definitive all-time best Spurs XI.

Here's my choice:

Vivian Woodward should be the first name on anyone's all-time greatest Spurs XI - he was the greatest player in the world of his generation and lead Great Britain to two Olympic Games gold medals.

We've had some great goalkeepers over the years but Pat Jennings is the obvious choice.

Mike England and Ledley King in central defence for me.

Tommy Clay at left back with Cyril Knowles on the right.

Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower in central midfield.

I'd opt for the flying Welshman Gareth Bale to partner Woodward the wings.

And upfront Martin Chivers to partner Jimmy Greaves.

P0226_zps5cc46928.png

Dibble, Charvet, Kernaghan, Vaughan, Frontshek, Buster Phillips, Pollock, Brannan, Dabo, Corradi and Samaras would piss that Spurs side.

Are Everton in that good of form? I would expect them to beat Stoke and Reading at home.

Drawing at home to Villa and losing to Norwich aren't results that are good for a side competing for top 4. The only impressive result is beating City at home, but they usually do anyway.

mcmanus said:
THFC6061 said:
Over on Glory Glory, we're having an interesting discussion about what would be the definitive all-time best Spurs XI.

Here's my choice:

Vivian Woodward should be the first name on anyone's all-time greatest Spurs XI - he was the greatest player in the world of his generation and lead Great Britain to two Olympic Games gold medals.

We've had some great goalkeepers over the years but Pat Jennings is the obvious choice.

Mike England and Ledley King in central defence for me.

Tommy Clay at left back with Cyril Knowles on the right.

Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower in central midfield.

I'd opt for the flying Welshman Gareth Bale to partner Woodward the wings.

And upfront Martin Chivers to partner Jimmy Greaves.

P0226_zps5cc46928.png

Dibble, Charvet, Kernaghan, Vaughan, Frontshek, Buster Phillips, Pollock, Brannan, Dabo, Corradi and Samaras would piss that Spurs side.
I'm sorry, I'm having difficulty visualising that team. Any chance you could do me a little diagram?

HT at Anfield: Liverpool U21s 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur U21s

Vigouroux

Fredericks, Fryers, Hall, Barthram

Bentaleb, Dombaxe, Veljkovic

McEvoy, Coulthirst, Ceballos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.