The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flash said:
citykev28 said:
This really is getting childish now. He barely has time to answer back on one point before he's lambasted from a dozen new angles. He's been wrong about Bale moving and the stage at Madrid this summer but posters on here have clearly been wrong about Levy pocketing the money.

He doesn't do himself any favours with the charts, graphs and reserve line ups but it's got to the stage where he can't defend himself without being threatened with a ban.

Last night's constant piss taking because he lives in Israel and rarely attends games is pathetic. I live in Hull and can't watch City more than half a dozen times a season. Jimharri in Ireland, Lucky Toma in Wales, Paphos-mcfc, Foetus, Wooderbeen and Pominoz all have a similar situation but nobody turns on us about it.

I've been guilty of taking the piss out of 0161 myself when I did the mock chart but a line needs to be drawn. Less boring shite about Spurs from him, less ganging up from City fans.

All good sentiments, Kev, however what I think needs pointing out is that there are very few other fans forums out there that would a.) even allow threads about another team and, most pertinently, b.) not have banned, by now, a fan of an opposition team who posts lies about their own club and takes a pop at the club who's forum it is, which is what has happened and why THFC0161 is treated as the Cockney WorsleyWeb.

It's also laughable that Crouchinho gets away with telling mods on a City forum how to run the site when another Spud is rightly getting shit for being a monumental dick.

But hey, I'm just a City fan on a City forum who thinks Cockney WUM's being given their own thread is a fucking liberty, but there we are.

No chance - The day I have a "love in" with any Spurs twat plugging his own web sites and having snidey digs at blues and City in general on a CITY fans forum is the day I give up on football.

Picking on his failings is quite necessary as he is a liar ...as for blues who can't attend games fair enough but I hope they wouldn't go on some Spurs forum to wind up match going Spurs.

I'm starting to think its someone on a massive wind up. Maybe even a blue.....Clarkie....biggest on BM?

EDIT... just googled him and he is simply creating traffic for his site.

Get rid.

THFC6061 said:
Matty said:
Spurs should walk that league. Anzhi are a shadow of the side that actually qualified for the Europa League, Sheriff hail from that footballing hotbed of Armenia and Tromsø are only still in the competition because Besiktas were thrown out. A couple of lengthy trips to Eastern Europe, but that aside it couldn't have been much easier for Spurs.

Yes, that's very fair comment.

Just as a matter of interest, here are a couple of XIs Spurs could field (assuming Eriksen & Lamela go through) without placing too much emphasis on which players might be in the stronger of the two teams...

P0330_zpsaddc7624.png

...I think most would probably agree that it's as strong an overall squad as you're likely to find in the Premier League at the moment.

It's certainly the strongest Spurs squad I've ever seen since I first started supporting the club in the mid-1960s.
Looks immense that squad on paper

citykev28 said:
This really is getting childish now. He barely has time to answer back on one point before he's lambasted from a dozen new angles. He's been wrong about Bale moving and the stage at Madrid this summer but posters on here have clearly been wrong about Levy pocketing the money.

He doesn't do himself any favours with the charts, graphs and reserve line ups but it's got to the stage where he can't defend himself without being threatened with a ban.

Last night's constant piss taking because he lives in Israel and rarely attends games is pathetic. I live in Hull and can't watch City more than half a dozen times a season. Jimharri in Ireland, Lucky Toma in Wales, Paphos-mcfc, Foetus, Wooderbeen and Pominoz all have a similar situation but nobody turns on us about it.

I've been guilty of taking the piss out of 0161 myself when I did the mock chart but a line needs to be drawn. Less boring shite about Spurs from him, less ganging up from City fans.

Shut up you old woman!!

THFC6061 said:
City Raider said:
so kaboul isn't first choice after all?

Which part of...

without placing too much emphasis on which players might be in the stronger of the two teams

...was beyond your grasp?

Kaboul & Vertonghen both started Tottenham's last game as the central defence partnership.

-- Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:03 pm --

We are delighted to announce that we've reached agreement with AS Roma for the transfer of Erik Lamela

BS697FcCUAIULSO.jpg

Nice.

Just Christan Eriksen to go now.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

City Raider said:
THFC6061 said:
City Raider said:
so kaboul isn't first choice after all?

Which part of...

without placing too much emphasis on which players might be in the stronger of the two teams

...was beyond your grasp?

Kaboul & Vertonghen both started Tottenham's last game as the central defence partnership.

-- Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:03 pm --

We are delighted to announce that we've reached agreement with AS Roma for the transfer of Erik Lamela

BS697FcCUAIULSO.jpg

Nice.

Just Christan Eriksen to go now.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

Hatem ben arfa mkII

Spuds have made some cracking signings and have addressed that lack of depth in their squad. On paper they have a cracking squad. I still think they are one striker away but having said that Defoe and Adebayor can be class on their day. If City manage to bring a defender in I would say ourselves and Chelsea have the best two squads. The rags can never be written off as they have a very settled side and one that doesnt get beaten very often. Ours is also very settled and the additions we have made can bed into that. It will take the spuds some time to gel. Very hard to call this season with the combination of europe and the league, Chelsea's draw means they could easily cope with league games as they can probably qualify after 4 games. Liverpool also have a strong side and will be competitive especially as they have no European commitment and Suarez will be firing on all cylinders and eligible to play just as Sturridge may need a break.

Ajax have had a loan bid rejected for Marco van Ginkel, suspected to be a (short term) replacement for Eriksen. Seems odd to me considering MVG is a central midfielder but if they can't find a replacement they might be reluctant to sell.

Lamela didn't want to leave Roma, did he? He wasn't so much pushed out the door, as he was knocked out, tied up and thrown on the plane before you could say "Arrivederci". He was seen in tears at the airport in Rome the other day.

That doesn't take away from the fact that he will be an unbelievable player for Spurs. If you want to improve on 5th place, a sure-fire way you can do that is spend £100m+, we know all about that. It has been an excellent window for Spurs, as long as they sell Bale. As warped as that sounds.

Spurs midfield lacks creativity. Eriksen would give them that

I don't really see why they bought Capoue and Paulinho when they already have Sandro. That's 3 players with similar attributes. Lamela is very well regarded but when I watched him he was poor.

I really don't know whether they are stronger than last season, but as a football fan it's exciting to see how they will do.

Marvin said:
Spurs midfield lacks creativity. Eriksen would give them that

I don't really see why they bought Capoue and Paulinho when they already have Sandro. That's 3 players with similar attributes. Lamela is very well regarded but when I watched him he was poor.

I really don't know whether they are stronger than last season, but as a football fan it's exciting to see how they will do.

Very much how I'm feeling, too. There are doubts over Eriksen, too. Liverpool passed on him. Dortmund could have bought him for €15m, but spent €28m on Mkhitaryan instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.