The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
JamesMCFC said:
Where's THFC6061?
Banned for fuck all. Not one mod prepared to own up either.

It was amazing he lasted as long as he did.

The despot comment was so far out of line that it was unbelievable. But anybody that let themselves get wound up by him were the real idiots. He was a fantastic WUM, got many laughs from him.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
stony said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Banned for fuck all. Not one mod prepared to own up either.

The despot comment was so far out of line that it was unbelievable. But anybody that let themselves get wound up by him were the real idiots. He was a fantastic WUM, got many laughs from him.

I think you're giving him far too much credit by calling him a wum. He actually believed what he was spouting. In other words he's a wanker.

stony said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
stony said:

I think you're giving him far too much credit by calling him a wum. He actually believed what he was spouting. In other words he's a wanker.

I'm with you on that.

Would be funny to see him back on here though talking about the last few weeks ;o)

Townsend out for 6 weeks at least with a torn hamstring its being reported.

Big blow for Spurs as he is one the few that they have with pace on the ball moving forward.

Players going down like flies this season with soft tissue injuries.

Perhaps a review of the strength and conditioning regimes in order?

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
pretty bubbles in the air,
they fly so high, nearly reach the sky
then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortunes always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
pretty bubbles in the air!

Aggregate :

TOTTENHAM 1 - 5 WEST HAM

Scouse_Jimi said:
Crouchinho/GHoddle - how do Spurs feel about that result? Will Sherwood get time with the fans or is he just keeping it warm? Couple of Spurs lads I know were saying they wanted him to stay on as manager, is that really viable (despite tonights result)

Still don't know. I'm not going to judge Sherwood based on one result. He's only been in charge for a day so imo we're still talking about a team that has been drilled for AVB's tactics for the last 4 months and it will take some time to alter that regardless of who the manager is.

GHoddle said:
TCIB said:
GHoddle, you seem a decent chap what is your view for the future of spurs and what if any mistakes the current hierarchy need to avoid making again ?.
When i see future i mean next 3 years from what you know atm.

It's hard to say because there are many unknowns at the moment. The one thing Levy and Baldini need to do is pick the right manager. I don't think people realize what a difference it makes, but the evidence is at Old Trafford this season. United will finish 20-30 points worse off (maybe more) with the same exact squad. One more draw and they've dropped the same number of points as they did in all of last season. So the manager makes a huge difference, there's no doubt about that.

The unknowns are how certain players will perform under new management. My personal opinion is that it is not a coincidence that every attacking player we have bought has not looked the same quality as they did at previous clubs. I'm thinking of Sigurdsson, Dempsey (who scored 17 goals at Fulham the season before), Dembele, Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado, Lamela, Holtby (who had something like 10 assists half way through the season at Schalke), Chadli, Walker (who has never looked as good since AVB came in), and Adebayor. The only one who ever looked improved was Bale, but basically every other player has suffered under AVB. So one of two things is going on: 1.) Whoever is buying the players doesn't know what they are doing. 2.) AVB's style and tactics limited the players ability to express their talents. My opinion is that option 2 is correct, because I don't think that the "system" AVB was setting up was very conducive to our attacking players. It was about pressing the opponent back into an extremely defensive shape, which meant that our attacking players played with very limited space and time on the ball. Made it basically impossible for them imo.

And it would be too big a coincidence that whoever is buying the players seems to get it right with the defensive players (Vertonghen, Chiriches, Lloris, and Capoue all having been good for the most part), but have gotten it wrong with almost all the attacking players. I don't see that as a plausible explanation, especially having watched some of these players at their previous clubs. To me it makes far more sense that AVB's "system" limited their effectiveness, so I'm going to judge them all from a clean slate now.

So it will be difficult to answer until we know how much of the problem was AVB's system. I'm excited though personally, in the short term Sherwood and Ramsey will take charge of the team (Ramsey is a very highly rated coach), but longer term Levy needs to make sure he gets the next manager right. Clearly this is what he's not good at. My opinion would be to go for Prandelli after the world cup, my gut feeling though is it will be Frank De Boer either fairly soon or in the summer. Hard to say if that would be a good choice.

It won't be Hoddle.

Cheers for such a thorough reply mate, i have nothing to say to about your post as i genuinely just wanted a spuds view on his own club nothing more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.