The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
What has Sherwood done to earn the right to manage one of the League's top clubs?

At this moment Levy looks like he has made some very serious mistakes

Someone made the point before: will you be so outraged when Vieria gets our manager gig?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Marvin said:
What has Sherwood done to earn the right to manage one of the League's top clubs?

Someone made the point before: will you be so outraged when Vieria gets our manager gig?

Not the same though is it. Paddy is being groomed in much the same way Pep was. It's no coincidence that the same people who brought Pep through are now in charge of us.
Sherwood wasn't given a coaching job at Spurs with a view to being appointed full time manager at some point in the future. Everything about Sherwoods appointment smacks of a quick fix, the cheap easy option. That's why he's only been given an 18 month contract.

I think levi has lost his marbles tbh, I think spurs have the players to return a top 4 finish, but with recent events I think they ll struggle to remain top 10.
Levi is obsessed with money, cocked up selling his talisman bale then sacking avb.

Spurs are im told a nightmare to deal with re transfers etc. The man is a tug

salfordpaul said:
I think levi has lost his marbles tbh, I think spurs have the players to return a top 4 finish, but with recent events I think they ll struggle to remain top 10.
Levi is obsessed with money, cocked up selling his talisman bale then sacking avb.

what's a tug Paul?
(but if it's rude I'd prefer not to know ;-)

George Hannah said:
salfordpaul said:

what's a tug Paul?
(but if it's rude I'd prefer not to know ;-)

I believe a tug is also known by the term "wanker" ;)

stony said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Marvin said:

Not the same though is it. Paddy is being groomed in much the same way Pep was. It's no coincidence that the same people who brought Pep through are now in charge of us.
Sherwood wasn't given a coaching job at Spurs with a view to being appointed full time manager at some point in the future. Everything about Sherwoods appointment smacks of a quick fix, the cheap easy option. That's why he's only been given an 18 month contract.

The differences aren't exactly massive though. Sherwood has managed the youth and reserve teams at Spurs, hasn't he? From the outside looking in, that isn't much to give somebody a job by. When Vieira is given the job, Spurs fans will see it like that, too.

Maybe I am just being devil's advocate. Personally, Sherwood is puzzling but understandable, and I will love it when Paddy gets our job.

This is all just smoke and mirrors from Levy. He couldn't give him a contract to the end of the season, the lad probably wouldn't accept it. They will have managers in mind, but they aren't available right now, some of them due to World Cup commitments. So, if he manages to get them top 4, wonderful, they've unearthed a gem. If he doesn't, then they get rid in the summer and get the man they really wanted. Only costs them 1 years pay off on a probably relatively low salary. Sherwood probably realises this himself, but backs himself to do a good job between now and the end of the season.

ianw16 said:
This is all just smoke and mirrors from Levy. He couldn't give him a contract to the end of the season, the lad probably wouldn't accept it. They will have managers in mind, but they aren't available right now, some of them due to World Cup commitments. So, if he manages to get them top 4, wonderful, they've unearthed a gem. If he doesn't, then they get rid in the summer and get the man they really wanted. Only costs them 1 years pay off on a probably relatively low salary. Sherwood probably realises this himself, but backs himself to do a good job between now and the end of the season.

I may be wrong but I believe the contract can be terminated after 6 months without paying the final year of it. Sherwood would go back to his previous job or become assistant manager in all likelihood.

AVB was the big problem to be honest, a nightmare behind the scenes from what I've heard. Sherwood maybe isn't the solution but I'm still sure that he'll improve us compared to AVB.

Matty said:
What a coincidence, the exact right guy to lead Spurs to future success was right there at the club the whole time, and available for free. Lucky they spotted it now or they'd have been fighting off Europe's elite clubs when they came swooping for Tim Sherwood as their new manager.
<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:13 am --<br /><br />
Turner89 said:
Just look at this pair of masterminds.

BOc9PFC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.