The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

lloydie said:
spurspinter1 said:
lloydie said:
EA sports did the analysis the methodology is bottom right. Here's the link to the Mail as you're obviously sat with your fingers in your ears going nah nah nah....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1377679/The-fastest-slowest-fittest-players-Premier-League-club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html</a>

..if you really are struggling with puberty then your reaction is pretty predictable.

ps fancy him up against Micah?

(Oh shit I bit didn't I? ;)

If you mean Sandro against Micah in a 100m sprint then no, but I'm pretty sure we're talking about football here, in which I would fancy Sandro against Micah, it would be an interesting watch as both are quality players.

I'm not sure what I've said to provoke the classic keyboard warrior puberty line, but it's hurt me real deep. I'll think twice before posting a thought out opinion with the likes of your razor sharp wit around.

My first post was for discussion purposes, with no side whatsoever. However, for your reply you used the same phrase in a condescending and frankly pre-pubescent manner. You then follow it up with a "My dad's harder than your dad" remark which, even in jest, marks you out as kindergarden rather than thought out.

The sarcasm you habitually use on blues puts you on very thin ground, you wouldn't dare speak to them in this manner in real life so I guess that makes you the keyboard warrior. How about a well thought out response to the substantive rather than the 'in denial' post that you actually typed?

Are you serious?

The make of that what you want was a term which you used to back up a statement that didn't mean anything in terms of a footballing context, therefore my use of the term was a little dig as that phrase does annoy me slightly, I'll admit to that one.

I put a smiley after the Sandro comment for christ sake, how much more obvious can it be that the comment was made in jest?

What the fuck would you know about how I would speak to blues in real life? The blues I talk to in real life would have a giggle over you getting all flustered over a joke on a forum. I think you mean kindergarten also, as the term kindergarden doesn't mean anything unless you're from Mexico, in which case I apologise and fully take my comment back. Although pointing out spelling mistakes always comes back to bite you in the arse so I should probably take the comment back entirely haha...

lloydie said:
spurspinter1 said:
lloydie said:
Sandro is slower than Barry, make what you want of that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gamblingsystems.posterous.com/revealed-the-premier-league-slowest-player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gamblingsystems.posterous.com/re ... est-player</a>

That link has no proof that Sandro is slower than Barry, it is simply a record of top speed hit. Football is often not about sprinting over long distances (sorry Theo), it's a matter of positioning, agility and accelaration (I really can't spell that word) over short distances. Barry and Sandro are both pretty good at this, Make what you want of that.

Edit: And Sandro would fucking destroy Barry, have you seen him do martial arts?! ;)

EA sports did the analysis the methodology is bottom right. Here's the link to the Mail as you're obviously sat with your fingers in your ears going nah nah nah....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1377679/The-fastest-slowest-fittest-players-Premier-League-club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html</a>

..if you really are struggling with puberty then your reaction is pretty predictable.

ps fancy him up against Micah?

(Oh shit I bit didn't I? ;)

The problem is that report has the top speed players for most clubs maxing out at 22.37mph which kind of suggests that their testing was dubious to say the least.

If you've actually watched Sandro for any number of games you can tell he isn't slow and certainly not as slow as someone like Corluka who as I'm sure you'll know is a snail in human form.

I don't rate Sandro as yet, not done or been seen enough for me.

Last season he failed to help a CL team make the competition again and this season has only played a hand-full of games. I know there were other factors last season but surely he was brought into help the squad progress?

He's young though so he may make the grade but the jury's still out.

The Future's Blue said:

Last season he failed to help a CL team make the competition again and this season has only played a hand-full of games. I know there were other factors last season but surely he was brought into help the squad progress?

Fair comments but you've got to factor how long it takes for a young player like Sandro (think he was 20 when he came here) to settle in to a whole new lifestyle and footballing culture.

In several of the champions league games he was terrific, Milan home and away spring to mind. It wasn't our midfield that failed us, it was the quartet of underperforming strikers in Crouch Defoe Pav and Keane that ballsed it up.

In that first season he took a while as he didn't really have a full preseason as had only recently finished his succesfful copa libatadores campaign with Inter (brazil inter), and he took time to settle. Once he came in by Jan he was one of our best performers during a time when many players were underperforming.

This season there as always been niggly injuries which have held him back greatly. The first happened whilst away training with Brazil IIRC, typical really.

I don't think any Spurs fan is trying to say he is world class, and there have been mentions of the getting better the longer he hasn't played syndrome, but I think we've seen great potential in him and are therefore excited.

One of the things I like about this signing was how it was a bit under the radar, Broomfield does the scouting in South America and from what I know there wasn't much competition to sign him, and we were lucky in that regard.

spurspinter1 said:
lloydie said:
spurspinter1 said:
If you mean Sandro against Micah in a 100m sprint then no, but I'm pretty sure we're talking about football here, in which I would fancy Sandro against Micah, it would be an interesting watch as both are quality players.

I'm not sure what I've said to provoke the classic keyboard warrior puberty line, but it's hurt me real deep. I'll think twice before posting a thought out opinion with the likes of your razor sharp wit around.

My first post was for discussion purposes, with no side whatsoever. However, for your reply you used the same phrase in a condescending and frankly pre-pubescent manner. You then follow it up with a "My dad's harder than your dad" remark which, even in jest, marks you out as kindergarden rather than thought out.

The sarcasm you habitually use on blues puts you on very thin ground, you wouldn't dare speak to them in this manner in real life so I guess that makes you the keyboard warrior. How about a well thought out response to the substantive rather than the 'in denial' post that you actually typed?

Are you serious?

The make of that what you want was a term which you used to back up a statement that didn't mean anything in terms of a footballing context, therefore my use of the term was a little dig as that phrase does annoy me slightly, I'll admit to that one.

I put a smiley after the Sandro comment for christ sake, how much more obvious can it be that the comment was made in jest?

What the fuck would you know about how I would speak to blues in real life? The blues I talk to in real life would have a giggle over you getting all flustered over a joke on a forum. I think you mean kindergarten also, as the term kindergarden doesn't mean anything unless you're from Mexico, in which case I apologise and fully take my comment back. Although pointing out spelling mistakes always comes back to bite you in the arse so I should probably take the comment back entirely haha...

I made a statement followed by a link, for discussion purposes, the "make of that..." clearly indicates that the methodology or statement are up for debate.

I'm not the flustered one, sweetheart, if you hadn't noticed there was a smiley attached to my earlier post, just re-read the exchange and see who got all arsey.
Oh yeah, I stand by the comment that you wouldn't habitually speak to a blue with your condescending manner in real life. Doubt whether they'd laugh at me for questioning a Spud for an infantile "jest" ( a jest, maybe, it's still an infantile one) but they may giggle at you for consulting wiki for the insight on Mexican usage of the word kindergarten, which, by the way, I thank you for correcting my spelling on. How one would bite you "in " the arse rather than on it, I'll leave you to debate with your fictional blue pals but it's an image I'd rather you hadn't conjured.

edit; your latest post is much better, see you can be civil :)

spurspinter1 said:
The Future's Blue said:

Fair comments but you've got to factor how long it takes for a young player like Sandro (think he was 20 when he came here) to settle in to a whole new lifestyle and footballing culture.

In several of the champions league games he was terrific, Milan home and away spring to mind. It wasn't our midfield that failed us, it was the quartet of underperforming strikers in Crouch Defoe Pav and Keane that ballsed it up.

In that first season he took a while as he didn't really have a full preseason as had only recently finished his succesfful copa libatadores campaign with Inter (brazil inter), and he took time to settle. Once he came in by Jan he was one of our best performers during a time when many players were underperforming.

This season there as always been niggly injuries which have held him back greatly. The first happened whilst away training with Brazil IIRC, typical really.

I don't think any Spurs fan is trying to say he is world class, and there have been mentions of the getting better the longer he hasn't played syndrome, but I think we've seen great potential in him and are therefore excited.

One of the things I like about this signing was how it was a bit under the radar, Broomfield does the scouting in South America and from what I know there wasn't much competition to sign him, and we were lucky in that regard.
I don't seem to recall him until the latter stages of the CL, and more the Real games where you got tonked at theirs and I think you lost at yours. It was after that where your season ended and the game against us sealed the deal for the CL. I even thought your Europa spot was given to you by the Dippers as they didn't want it. The CL took a lot out of you though and it was a good campaign that should've been followed up.

Sandro only shined in a few of those games but as usual his name got shouted out by all and sundry, not because he plays for Spurs, but because he was brought in by Twitcher. I'm sure it wasn't under the radar though as I seem to remember him being touted the season before, one of Sky's Last Day signing stories. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, although loathed to say, well done so far this season, we've been in a similar boat and for both our teams to be challenging the Top 4 domination is a breath of fresh air. If anything, make sure you take those Rag twats to the cleaners, you'll be my 2nd team for the day then.

Not a particularly sparkling performance from Spurs against Stevenage yesterday but we should be able to finish the job at White Hart Lane and we had a good draw at home to Bolton in the 6th Round if we do progress.

Harry's wing back experiment had mixed results, although I thought Danny Rose looked very good in the role.

A word about our defence, who have now conceded just the one goal (to Wigan) in our last five matches.

THFC6061 said:
Not a particularly sparkling performance from Spurs against Stevenage yesterday but we should be able to finish the job at White Hart Lane and we had a good draw at home to Bolton in the 6th Round if we do progress.

Harry's wing back experiment had mixed results, although I thought Danny Rose looked very good in the role.

A word about our defence, who have now conceded just the one goal (to Wigan) in our last five matches.

And in your next 5 League games?

Arsenal (A), manyooooo (H), Everton (A), Chelsea (A) and Swansea (H)

Salford_Blue said:
THFC6061 said:

And in your next 5 League games?

Arsenal (A), manyooooo (H), Everton (A), Chelsea (A) and Swansea (H)

do you enjoy taking the legs off crane flies too

How Do you think the media would of reacted if say us Chelsea or Arsenal got a 0-0 at Stevenage yesterday? It's rather sickening the favoured bias towards spurs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.