The tough side of Policing football

have you ever had your car or house robbed ? all they do is come round ,take statement , then ask you if you have insurance . they coudnt give a toss what you had robbed or who robbed it . if you think any different then you are seriously deluded .

stevethecab said:
have you ever had your car or house robbed ? all they do is come round ,take statement , then ask you if you have insurance . they coudnt give a toss what you had robbed or who robbed it . if you think any different then you are seriously deluded .

Well living in London my van has been broken into way too many times and your right infact in London they just give you a crime number and thats it you never hear from them again. When i lived in a village though they sent the old CSI people down. When i was jumped outside a nightclub, i rung the police who worked hard and caught the main culprits. When my friends house got robbed the people were caught and the stuff returned (well what was left)
Some people have a very strange view on the police to the point where they condone thugs kicking 1 close to death on a football pitch. My only question is how would you feel if that had been outside a nightclub and like me someone was jumped by many, you would call them cowards and say they should be locked up, or maybe not but i should hope most people would think that way

The police have a thankless task.

I am a copper and have been in a similar situation outside a nightclub. £ officers holding down a bloke who had just tried bottling someone. While he was on floor he bit and tried biting a colleague, the only way to gain control was to hit him back. It is not always as it looks.

This bloke may or may not have been doing something you cannot see, if he wasn't then it was over the top, if he was it may well have been only way of gaining control.

As for coppers in general, dont tar us all with the same brush, there are some idiots but plenty more decent ones, just like footie fans.

exiled-blue said:

I am a copper and have been in a similar situation outside a nightclub. £ officers holding down a bloke who had just tried bottling someone. While he was on floor he bit and tried biting a colleague, the only way to gain control was to hit him back. It is not always as it looks.

This bloke may or may not have been doing something you cannot see, if he wasn't then it was over the top, if he was it may well have been only way of gaining control.

As for coppers in general, dont tar us all with the same brush, there are some idiots but plenty more decent ones, just like footie fans.

Well said ^^

exiled-blue said:

This.

Ric, sorry but you've came across a bit of a dick with that post. How the hell can you condone several guys kicking a guys head in unconcious when it looked from that video that only one copper was going over the top? I'm sorry you've had some troubles before and not got exactly what you wanted, but it can't be that fucking easy can it?

P.S. Like the poster above, there will be hundreds if not thousands of Police who will go to City games when they get a shift off. It's a shame you've insulted every one of them the way you have.

The Spanish, Portugese Police etc I can't speak for but Police in Britain probably have the hardest job in the country and do it well.

Edit - infact i've just read another post of yours I missed where you're on about getting done with assault. What the feck did you expect to happen??? The guys obviously made a complaint of assault and you've admitted or someone else has seen you grab him by the wrist - what choice did the Police have there? They don't decide who's guilty and who's not, and can only work with what they've been given. It's silly you decided to grab him by the wrist, as much of a dick he was being, you can't grab folk just because you want them done with a "breach of the peace", come off it.

And the incident at the football. There was you just sitting on your seat eating your pie I guess and BAM! Palm on the face.

Sorry, but that video is shocking. From both the fans who are attacking the Police and the officer striking the fan with his baton (if indeed it was unprovoked as it looks?) Anyone who says otherwise is dim.

That footage is sick. Starting with the copper twatting the defenceless fan to the other fans kicking fuck out of the copper on the floor.

It's not even the copper who was using the baton. You can see him running away.

ayrshire_blue said:
exiled-blue said:

Edit - infact i've just read another post of yours I missed where you're on about getting done with assault. What the feck did you expect to happen??? The guys obviously made a complaint of assault and you've admitted or someone else has seen you grab him by the wrist - what choice did the Police have there? They don't decide who's guilty and who's not, and can only work with what they've been given. It's silly you decided to grab him by the wrist, as much of a dick he was being, you can't grab folk just because you want them done with a "breach of the peace", come off it.

And the incident at the football. There was you just sitting on your seat eating your pie I guess and BAM! Palm on the face.

Sorry, but that video is shocking. From both the fans who are attacking the Police and the officer striking the fan with his baton (if indeed it was unprovoked as it looks?) Anyone who says otherwise is dim.

The thing is, for 7 or 8 years we have as a security firm been dealing with a breach in that way with no problems. I asked the police for him to be charged with a breach and they ended up doing me with assault. Unlike the junkie scum who shoplift in the shopping centre where i work, i was marched through the shopping centre in cuffs for all to see in uniform. The coppers excuse being, she didn't know there was a back way out of the building. The night before she came into the building after closing time to get a statement from my colleague about the incident, and because the building was closed and it was after hours, guess which way she was shown in? Thats right through the back stairs. So she lied. When a complaint was made to the police about that, she and her colleague who arrseted me at the time, both said that they were not shown in the back way, even though her colleague was not present and all was proved by CCTV. Of course, this is the police we are talking about here and all was swept under the carpet, the other bloke wasn't charged for swearing in my face for 15 minutes, and some of which was foul, and alot, infact most on here wouldn't have stood for it.

Number 2

We were playing Spurs and used to be a season ticket holder in 118 where we used to stand. The Showsec mob used to come down and tell us to sit down but you know what its like, "Stand up if you love City" and all that. Anyway, this bigwig copper with tin foil on his hat picked out this big lad about 5 rows up and on the seat next to the stair. Bit like myself but i was maybe 12 rows up. The copper tells the lad to sit down. Now the lad explains to the copper, if he sits down, then the people who are stood infront of him are in his view and he wont see the game. The copper tells him to sit down again. Again the big lad, politely explains to the copper the same. A 3rd time the copper tells him to sit down, and the big lad reacts this time with "If i sit down i cant see the fucking...." woosh, 5 coppers on him and he's being dragged up the stairs.
A lad about 17, 18 yrs old 8 seats along from me has by this time moved his way along my aisle and grabs at one of the coppers. The copper moves into the aisle, past me and my dad and goes to grab this individual and misses. Obviously detatched from his colleague he basically shits himself turns round and open palmed me for no reason on the peak of my nose pushing it upwards and me into the row infront. I had done nothing to antagonise the situation, yet i got assaulted by a police officer.

That 2nd example was a few seasons ago, in the Pearce era, and in the same season, a guy we got friendly with, who has posted on here in the past for a hospice appeal on the off topic board was arrested for refusing to sit down when again people infront of him were stood up, when taken to the police station he had his City programme spat on by an officer, and again that season, another lad from 118 had his arm broken by an over aggresive copper on the concourse.

So please forgive me if i am not a fan of the police. I wont give them shit, i will respect their authority, and while i admit, in the video the copper that was kicked unconcious was the one trying to be the peacemaker, i wouldn't have minded seeing the same happen to the big hard fucker who was jabbing his baton into the fans head.

FFS Ricster we all have our stories about over zealous policemen and I aint talking about a slap on my nose. So because a copper back handed you once you want policemen kicked half to death by 20 nobheads.

I enjoyed the thread about yourself and that Emma but this thread seems fucking evil to me.

mcmanus said:
FFS Ricster we all have our stories about over zealous policemen and I aint talking about a slap on my nose. So because a copper back handed you once you want policemen kicked half to death by 20 nobheads.

I enjoyed the thread about yourself and that Emma but this thread seems fucking evil to me.

Im sorry if i've upset a few people in this thread, yeah i have a grudge, a personal one with the police. Maybe, i was wrong writing it serves them right, as the copper who got knocked out clearly didn't deserve what happened to him, but the one who kept smacking the guy in the back of the head was well out of order. That out of order that a player actually is the first to jump in to try and defend the fan.

Once again, apologies if i've upset anyone because of my own personal experiences with corrupt policing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.