The Truth About Drugs in Football

Re: I hope the PL player on Coke is not a City player!

I was under the impression that the show was about perfromance enhancing drugs in football rather than recreational.

Could be worth a watch

salfordblues said:
I was under the impression that the show was about perfromance enhancing drugs in football rather than recreational.

Could be worth a watch

No there is no FA law on recreational drugs so when they discovered when looking for performance enhancing drugs they keep the recreational ones quiet

salfordblues said:

Could be worth a watch
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/news/dispatches-to-expose-drugs-in-football_3388.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ne ... _3388.html</a>
'Dispatches' to expose drugs in football
By Tom Williams, Reporter
Filed: Monday, September 12, 2011 at 11:56 UK
Channel 4 documentary series Dispatches is set to name and shame a number of professional English football players over alleged failed drug tests tonight (Monday).

The failed drugs tests are believed to be out-of-competition offences. There are said to be 43 instances of players being caught for using cannabis, cocaine and ecstasy.

Channel 4’s synopsis for the documentary reads: "Reporter Antony Barnett examines football's drug-testing regime, raises questions about how the sport deals with its drug cheats and also looks at the use of some bizarre but legal treatments players undergo."

The programme will also criticise the FA’s policy of protecting the identity of players who fail out-of-competition tests for recreational drugs, and for withholding information about how many drugs tests take place.

"The FA operates a comprehensive anti-doping programme which is the largest of any sport in the UK. The FA go beyond the WADA Code by proactively testing all samples for social drugs, irrespective of whether the tests are conducted in or out of competition," an FA statement to Dispatches read.

The FA will wait to make a full public response until after the programme airs.

I'm unsure about this programme from a legal perspective. In essence, wouldn't all the cases against the players named need to be proven prior to the airing of the programme or have these been proven prior but unable to be disclosed due to the information remaining private and confidential?

Adrian Mutu and Kolo Touré was aired but only one of those two was with regards to recreational performance enhancing drugs. Why are these allowed to be made public and yet others not allowed to do so prior to the news that they will be doing so on television tonight?

If this information is incorrect then both the parties that provided the broadcasters with the names would be at fault from a legal perspective and could have court cases held against them for defamination of character and also a potential loss of earnings law suit filed against them aswell if their current employers make a stand against that player as a statement of their club not tolerating or condoning their actions.

Could anybody clarify any of the above?

I really dont know how anyone can get addicted to coke, then again fottballers have alot of time and money to burn

[quote="C_T_I_D"]I'm unsure about this programme from a legal perspective. In essence, wouldn't all the cases against the players named need to be proven prior to the airing of the programme or have these been proven prior but unable to be disclosed due to the information remaining private and confidential?

Adrian Mutu and Kolo Touré was aired but only one of those two was with regards to recreational performance enhancing drugs. Why are these allowed to be made public and yet others not allowed to do so prior to the news that they will be doing so on television tonight?

If this information is incorrect then both the parties that provided the broadcasters with the names would be at fault from a legal perspective and could have court cases held against them for defamination of character and also a potential loss of earnings law suit filed against them aswell if their current employers make a stand against that player as a statement of their club not tolerating or condoning their actions.

Could anybody clarify any of the above?[/quote]

Either a test is positive or not, there is the proof. It's not like being tried by jury there is physical evidence. I imagine Dispatches has put in a Freedom of Information request a while ago to the authorities and have got the information that way. FOI laws are very strong in England. The results must be handed over to anyone who submits a request and the results cannot be subject to supeinjunctions or anything like that.

It's NOT Tevez because The Sun says its a player who has been sold to another club but the buying club was not told said player had tested positive for cocaine use. We will find out later but I just have a feeling the press in this country would love to destabilise us just as we start our Champions League campaign. Evil b'stards.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3808119/Top-Premier-footie-ace-is-on-cocaine.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... caine.html</a>

Dispatches C4 8:00pm "The Truth About Drugs In Football" Investigating recreational and performance-enhancing drug use in football, reporter Anthony Barnett examines the drug-testing process.

There is no mention of using Herbalife products so Kolo is in the clear!

C_T_I_D said:
I'm unsure about this programme from a legal perspective. In essence, wouldn't all the cases against the players named need to be proven prior to the airing of the programme or have these been proven prior but unable to be disclosed due to the information remaining private and confidential?

Could anybody clarify any of the above?
You make a valid point. Perhaps they will say "43 unnamed PL have tested positive to recreational drugs"? Then possibly name one where they are 100% sure of their legal standing?

That is exactly the response I was looking for intheknow!

Thanks for the clarification.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.