The Truth about our Nigel de Jong

The eleven players on the pitch will not produce perfection for 90mins every week, get over it. This is real life my friend and we are very fortunate to have the squad we do so stop over analysing them.

De-Jong was off the pace yesterday, and made mistakes, his passing wasn't at his best, and was lucky that his late slider in the first half was so late that he missed the man. To me it is no more than ring rustiness, Normal service will be resumed.

Watching that game last night it struck me that the technical gulf between the premier league and the Champions League is huge. Villareal were a very competent outfit last night, they read the game, and cut out lots of clever moves by City, that would of come off against the likes of Bolton.

Most of the players blew hot and cold last night, Ya-Ya played some sublime stuff, but made some daft mistakes, Nasri went off the boil in the 2nd half etc. Hopefully last night is a turning point, and that they will go forward with real self belief, that seemed to ebb away at times in the 2nd half.

Graceyboy said:
blueprint said:
Every week we have a thread about NDJ being lauded for his prowess by his cabal of fans here. I thought it might be enlightening, for once, another POV should be presented.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefootballtube.com/videos/37251/manchester-city-vs-villarreal-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefootballtube.com/videos/3 ... highlights</a>

After reviewing at least 3 times the highlights
Certain truths can be revealed.

1. Villarreal's goal. Is it Silva's passback that was at fault or was NDJ 'slow to react' for the pass or to be in close proximity (as should be for another mf) for City to continue the counter attack? It was Silvas bad pass that but the pressure on. NDJ maybe of done better but the initial mistake was Silva.

2. Our equalizer via Vi'real OG. Was ithe result of Sillva's initiating the moves on the right flank with Yaya & traversing across the width for Kolarov's cross? And?

3. Did Silva's flick for Kun to score? If Silva had not of flicked it, the scorer would of been someone different, there were 4 lined up to tap it in

IMHO Silva did not have a bad game but rather he couldn't soar like an eagle when he had to walk with 'turkey/s'. NO, Silva did have a bad game as did many others. His normal pin point passing was way off. Nasri and Edin were also not on their game neither.

Before you guys slag me what I'm suggesting is that Silva is on a different level whereas dJ isn't. I stand to be corrected. Only Kompany, Lescott, Kolorov and Milner were at their usual high standards for me. Im sure that the game analysis team will show back to the team and those concerned will agree about a dip in their play and ensure it doesnt happen on Snday

I actually thought Ya Ya was very impressive. Only person running at them till Milner came on.
Barry also steadied the boat slightly. De Jong very good as stopper but Barry sets off the ball going forward.

NDJ wasn't at his best last night but he's a very important player. We looked more vulnerable to the counter-attack when he went off.

Dreadful game but hopefully it's just down to lack of match fitnees. I do have concerns about how useful he will be in our new system though. We ask a lot more of our centre mids these days and I don't know if he offers enough going forward or is mobile enough to do the job.

He looked hesitant making tackles, not his usual self. That maybe partly because he isnt 100% yet, but perhaps he's also worried that his tackling style is more likely to be punished by european refs.

NDJ was fucking shite last night. Every time he got the ball the momentum stopped and we went slowly sideways or slowly back. He was even shit at what he is supposed to be good at. I mean there were some shit performers out there but NDJ went full out shit

blueprint said:
Have you reviewed the highlights?

Don't you think dJ should have corralled the pass or protected the ball from being 'stripped' or being outhustled? Isn't that the minimal requirement for a defensive mf?
You are obviously not British (probably American) and obviously don't understand football. Every other poster on this thread knows why NDJ didn't quite make it to the bad pass from Silva, he is not fully match fit yet.
I am not being xenophobic just pointing out your lack of understanding of football.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 am --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
NDJ was fucking shite last night. Every time he got the ball the momentum stopped and we went slowly sideways or slowly back. He was even shit at what he is supposed to be good at. I mean there were some shit performers out there but NDJ went full out shit
Is this a joke?

Jordie said:
blueprint said:
Have you reviewed the highlights?

Don't you think dJ should have corralled the pass or protected the ball from being 'stripped' or being outhustled? Isn't that the minimal requirement for a defensive mf?
You are obviously not British (probably American) and obviously don't understand football. Every other poster on this thread knows why NDJ didn't quite make it to the bad pass from Silva, he is not fully match fit yet.
I am not being xenophobic just pointing out your lack of understanding of football.

-- Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 am --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Is this a joke?

Yeah did you find it funny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.