The TV Quiz Show Thread

When I was on 15to1 a while ago I got the question:

"Which 70s comedian was the voice of Penfold in the original series of Danger Mouse?"

Now I am about 30 years too young to know many 70s comedians so I didn't have a fucking clue what the answer was. I knew David Jason voiced Danger Mouse but that was about it.

On 15to1 you literally have about 2-3 seconds to answer, and my brain was scrambling to think of any 70s comedian. There was literally only one coming to mind, I knew it couldn't possibly be correct but I had to give an answer so I 'jokingly' just said the only answer available which was "Bernard Manning". Naturally that got a few laughs in the studio. It's quite fun to imagine a very racist Penfold.

After the episode aired I googled the question to see if anybody was calling me out on it. Fortunately, most people on Twitter seemed to realise I was just trying to be funny because I couldn't think of the actual answer.

I reckon if this thread existed back then I am certain I would have found it. I did get some questions wrong that haunt me to this day. I didn't get anything ridiculously easy wrong but some of them I knew the answer to and just got stage fright and timed out.

Anyway my point in sharing this story - I wonder how many of the above contestants are googling their questions and reading this thread in despair at getting ripped to pieces by MES and the Bluemoon intelligentsia ;)

"Which 70s comedian was the voice of Penfold in the original series of Danger Mouse?"

Now I am about 30 years too young to know many 70s comedians so I didn't have a fucking clue what the answer was. I knew David Jason voiced Danger Mouse but that was about it.

On 15to1 you literally have about 2-3 seconds to answer, and my brain was scrambling to think of any 70s comedian. There was literally only one coming to mind, I knew it couldn't possibly be correct but I had to give an answer so I 'jokingly' just said the only answer available which was "Bernard Manning". Naturally that got a few laughs in the studio. It's quite fun to imagine a very racist Penfold.

After the episode aired I googled the question to see if anybody was calling me out on it. Fortunately, most people on Twitter seemed to realise I was just trying to be funny because I couldn't think of the actual answer.

I reckon if this thread existed back then I am certain I would have found it. I did get some questions wrong that haunt me to this day. I didn't get anything ridiculously easy wrong but some of them I knew the answer to and just got stage fright and timed out.

Anyway my point in sharing this story - I wonder how many of the above contestants are googling their questions and reading this thread in despair at getting ripped to pieces by MES and the Bluemoon intelligentsia ;)
Yes you can panic in the short time available and I like to think I make allowances for that. But bloody hell a merchant seaman thinking Turkey is an island is just something you have to call out.

Oh look at this one.....
"I've been on 15 to 1"
As if appearing on a TV Quiz show is something to mention on here to impress others....

Yes you can panic in the short time available and I like to think I make allowances for that. But bloody hell a merchant seaman thinking Turkey is an island is just something you have to call out.

It’s perfectly fair. I’m not really holier than thou, I’m shouting at my TV as much as the next guy. I made the mistake of catching some of the celebrity Weakest Link last week and I had to turn it off before I lost my faith in humanity.

Oh look at this one.....
"I've been on 15 to 1"
As if appearing on a TV Quiz show is something to mention on here to impress others....

I know, any idiot can fill in an application form! What kind of cretin would think that’s anything to brag about? It’s not like I’ve been rubbing shoulders with an intellectual giant like Kevin Ashman or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.