The TV Quiz Show Thread

Just had a quiz show-y thought. Let's say that Pointless is somehow still going in 10 years, and this question comes up: "Name the members of Man City's treble-winning squad from 2022-23."

Who do you think would be a "pointless answer"? Or, to put it another way, if you were on the show and this was your final question, which three names would you go for to try and win the prize? Let's say it has to be players who actually made an appearance, so Carson wouldn't count.
Gomez

Just had a quiz show-y thought. Let's say that Pointless is somehow still going in 10 years, and this question comes up: "Name the members of Man City's treble-winning squad from 2022-23."

Who do you think would be a "pointless answer"? Or, to put it another way, if you were on the show and this was your final question, which three names would you go for to try and win the prize? Let's say it has to be players who actually made an appearance, so Carson wouldn't count.
Cancelo- we don't even know the answer now never mind in 10 years

I’ve been so bored this week I’ve caught a few repeats of old episodes of Bullseye.

A couple of them have been from the first series in 1981 on ATV before it switched to Central. Poor old Jim is all on his own. No Tony Green. No off screen guy announcing the prizes.

But the real eye opener is Jim’s interviews with the guests at the start of the show.

Fuck me, if it was on now, he’d be arrested on numerous charges before he got anywhere near the third couple.
Watch some old Millionaire episodes and see how touchy, feely Chris Tarrant was with the female contestants.

What do you mean IF it’s still going in 10 years? The greatest quiz show in television history will outlive all of us.

Anyway… I think I’ll go for Perrone, please Xander.

I’ve been so bored this week I’ve caught a few repeats of old episodes of Bullseye.

A couple of them have been from the first series in 1981 on ATV before it switched to Central. Poor old Jim is all on his own. No Tony Green. No off screen guy announcing the prizes.

But the real eye opener is Jim’s interviews with the guests at the start of the show.

Fuck me, if it was on now, he’d be arrested on numerous charges before he got anywhere near the third couple.
Been watching that too as I finish work 11pm and nowt much on UK TV at that time (4am, I won't watch Yank TV) and the haircuts and moustaches are awful. And that's just the women!

Been watching that too as I finish work 11pm and nowt much on UK TV at that time (4am, I won't watch Yank TV) and the haircuts and moustaches are awful. And that's just the women!

I’ve noticed they skip some episodes. I wonder if that’s because Jim’s 1980s banter is just considered too much for a modern audience?

Although if that is the case, I dread to think what the content is, considering some of the stuff that’s deemed ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.