The TV Quiz Show Thread

Which team got 100 points in the premier league.. City ruining the Chase
I noticed that the question asked which was the first team to get 100 points (not the only). Possibly thinking of repeats so question remains valid in the unlikely event another team manages that extraordinary feat.

I noticed that the question asked which was the first team to get 100 points (not the only). Possibly thinking of repeats so question remains valid in the unlikely event another team manages that extraordinary feat.
The contestant who got it right said she knew the answer wasn't lpool as her dad was a massive lpool fan and she would have heard about it !! Shame she never progressed.

On Tipping Point a few days ago:

" Which British Author was featured in the World War Two film Operation Mincemeat?"

" Charles Dickens" - died 1870.

(Was Ian Fleming).

Stumbled across a new quiz on BBC1 the other day. Forget its name. Hosted by Roman Kemp.

Anyway, question:

This word is a score in American football?

T*******N.

Answer:

Titanium.
I’d never have got that.

Actually just worked it out but would probably have passed. I think it is the wording of the question, a “score” means “score line” to me so I was thinking the answer was something like a tennis bagel (6-0) or a football sick swan (6-1) rather than the name of an action within the game itself.

Last edited:
I’d never have got that.

Actually just worked it out but would probably have passed. I think it is the wording of the question, a “score” means “score line” to me so I was thinking the answer was something like a tennis bagel (6-0) or a football sick swan (6-1) rather than the name of an action within the game itself.

To be fair, that may not have been the exact wording on the show. Might have been ‘a method of scoring’ or something.

Either way, it certainly wasn’t titanium. Doesn’t even fucking fit for one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.