The views of Jesus are now seen as woke and too left/liberal

The Adam and Eve thing makes me laugh. Based on that predication, either their kids fucked each other to procreate, or Adam fucked his daughter. There is no other logical explanation for the continued existence of the human race.
Apart from the logical explanation that it's all a load of bollocks, obviously.

Billy Graham, by his ow and n admission, did not believe in god.
??

Actually, Billy Graham is partly to blame for the politicisation of evangelicals in the USA. They were largely "other worldly" as in "This world is not my home, I'm only passing through" but Graham was against segregation and came to see the need for Christians to get involved in social justice including making it a political issue. Unfortunately, rather than justice for the poor and doing to others what you have them do to you, the USA got the "prosperity gospel" and a theology that isn't much to do with the Bible (and Christians who think the amoral Trump is a good guy).

“He gave permission to evangelical Christians around the world to be globally minded and engaged.” Along with John Stott, the British theologian, Graham shifted the movement’s focus from saving souls to practicing social justice. In 1974, he and Stott convened a group of evangelical leaders in Lausanne, Switzerland, where they drafted a manifesto that called for a new kind of Christian social responsibility.

This weirdness in America worries me as my wife wants us to move there one day. She used to live in the really affluent part of Connecticut and never saw any issues, guns, drugs, religious freaks or anything.

My question to any of those who live there is, can America still be a safe and fun place to live if you‘re wealthy enough? Or is it becoming so shit there’s a fairly high risk I could get shot just going to a nice restaurant, or shopping or National park?
Day to day life is polite and very pleasant, I've never felt any threat of violence in almost 34 years of living here

My brother moved here about five years ago from Australia, he said this whacko pseudo Christian shit is happening over there too at an alarmingly rapid rate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.