The Waiting List

Ric said:
To be fair to the club, I don't think they ever suggested people on the waiting list would have priority over existing season ticket holders when it came to choosing seats:

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.force.com/help/articles/FAQ/If-I-have-joined-the-Seasoncard-Waiting-List-do-I-have-priority-over-all-other-supporters-to-seats-within-the-stadium/?l=en_US&c=Frequently_Asked_Questions%3ASeasoncards&fs=Search&pn=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.force.com/help/articles/FAQ ... earch&pn=1</a>

No idea if people on the waiting list thought they were guaranteed a £299 ticket, but they've all already paid a £100 deposit, so I doubt they'd just sack it off because they couldn't get the very cheapest seats.

Exactly. The Club have always been transparent about the seat prices for people joining the Waiting List and, in my opinion, the number of tickets that will be available at the cheapest rate. Lots of people assumed that thousands of seats would be available @ £299 in the South Stand 3rd. I would also suggest that many thought they would be in the lower parts of the stand instead of in the wings and at the back. The reality is there won't be thousands waiting to transfer to the back of the South Stand 3rd Tier especially from those exiting the 2nd Tier of the East Stand simply because there are more attractive options out there and still a chance to save money. That isnt to say the £299 tickets won't be popular, but its a big ask to expect those in the East Stand level 2 to transfer en masse to the cheapest seats. I have 6 people on the Waiting List, 5 of whom are in the first 250, we haven't applied for the cheapest areas as our priority is to sit together and not to find the cheapest seats and i expect i am not alone in that position by a long way. As i've said before i actually know more people who want seats in Level 2 rather than other areas of the ground and therefore haven't joined the Waiting List

mostonbluemark said:
I actually know more people who want seats in Level 2 rather than other areas of the ground and therefore haven't joined the Waiting List

Are they after standard seats or corporate seats Mark?

If they want standard seats they should still join the Waiting List because seats will become available through relocations and
natural wastage each season.

I'm not sure how it works for the new "cheapo" corporate seats on L2. Are people wanting these seats included on the Waiting List
or is there a separate list? Anybody know?

I think a lot of people on the Waiting List will want the dearer seats. If the club was worried about demand then surely they
wouldn't have sanctioned the work on the extra 3 front rows at the same time as the South Stand expansion? Didn't people
have to indicate what type of seat (price wise) that they were most interested in as part of the application process?

I'm well up the waiting list numbers and was obviously attracted at first by the £299 price. I will pay up to £450 if I can't get a cheap seat, especially with my deposit knocked off, I will enjoy my first ever season as a season ticket holder and then decide whether to renew or not the following season depending on price increases. This is a big time for City in attracting new regular fans to watch and if they overprice tickets there could be problems ahead.

herrock said:
I'm well up the waiting list numbers and was obviously attracted at first by the £299 price. I will pay up to £450 if I can't get a cheap seat, especially with my deposit knocked off, I will enjoy my first ever season as a season ticket holder and then decide whether to renew or not the following season depending on price increases. This is a big time for City in attracting new regular fans to watch and if they overprice tickets there could be problems ahead.

Yep, they really need to play this right. I'd go up to 500 seeing as I live 150 miles away.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
mostonbluemark said:
I actually know more people who want seats in Level 2 rather than other areas of the ground and therefore haven't joined the Waiting List

If they want standard seats they should still join the Waiting List because seats will become available through relocations and

I'm not sure how it works for the new "cheapo" corporate seats on L2. Are people wanting these seats included on the Waiting List

I think a lot of people on the Waiting List will want the dearer seats. If the club was worried about demand then surely they
wouldn't have sanctioned the work on the extra 3 front rows at the same time as the South Stand expansion? Didn't people
have to indicate what type of seat (price wise) that they were most interested in as part of the application process?

Wilf, they are after the Corporate seats. They don't appear to be attracted by the packages available in the Colin Bell Stand but are aware of the potential for what is going on in Level 2 East Stand. Its my brother and a few of his friends. Not sure if they have contacted the Club but seem confident enough that they don't have to apply to go on the Waiting List in order to get what they are after.

I'm one of the many "lapsed" season ticket holders who gave up my 20 yr season ticket after watching the dross served up by Stuart Pearce. Moving 100-odd miles away made it an easier decision to make, but I've regretted it ever since.

Decided straight away to take 2 new season tickets in the new stand and was attracted by the £299 offer, but in no way expect it as we're around the 2,000 mark on the waiting list. I fully expect to pay more and I'll probably go full whack to experience a proper "end" for at least one season. I'm sure there'll be a few who sack it off, but there's plenty of takers and we'll be regularly getting 50+ thousand for even the least attractive games.

The demand is there and I'm sure the club will be pressing the green button on the North Stand pretty sharpish..

mostonbluemark said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
mostonbluemark said:

Wilf, they are after the Corporate seats. They don't appear to be attracted by the packages available in the Colin Bell Stand but are aware of the potential for what is going on in Level 2 East Stand. Its my brother and a few of his friends. Not sure if they have contacted the Club but seem confident enough that they don't have to apply to go on the Waiting List in order to get what they are after.

Thanks for that Mark. It sounds like the club are confident that they can sell the corporate packages (or at least most of them)
separate from the normal Waiting List. Bearing in mind we have 9-10,000 on the Waiting List plus re-locaters from EL2 and CB2
it also sounds like we will sell out standard seats for a lot of matches next season. I think corporate demand will be as big a
driver as the Waiting List for when we decide to extend the North Stand. We're obviously not there yet as the club hasn't made an
announcement but in a couple of years time we may well be.

Fuck this Craic, I want my £100 back if I don't get one for £299! I've had season tickets when we were shit but the last one I gave up was because of work commitments. I will still miss a few games but didn't mind so much because of the cheap price! Fiddling Cunts!

mostonbluemark said:
Seems like good news is on the way very very shortly. I am led to believe that the process for allocation of new seating as a result of the South Stand expansion could start as early as next week. If memory serves me correctly that means East/West Stand relocators first up and eventually to those on the Waiting List. Club finalising details with a possible start prior to Easter and a May date for Waiting List. Just over 5000 new season tickets available, plus natural wastage, in the region of 10000 on the list

Can i claim ITK status as a result of todays announcement.

Just joined after about a decade in the wilderness (most of the time actually spent in Scotland). My last season was under Pearce, before that I had a season ticket going back to '99.

Finally living centrally so with travel costs/times being low I figured I can justify the cost so I've joined in the £450-£599 band. Didn't think there's a chance I'd get a seat in the £299 bracket.

Number: 9395

What do people make of my chances of getting one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.