The Warriors or The Wanderers

splinter

Team supported
Manchester city
2 cult classics..but for me the wanderers just edges it with the music and the wongs ;)

Warriors although I liked the Wanderers a lot, not seen it for a long time so not sure how it's aged.

Yellow jackets, Ken Wahl and big fat Bald lad from memory.

Both good films and remarkably made at the same time being released in 1979. I'm reading a book at the moment on the Warriors and some of the cast had auditioned for both and were warned they could only be in one or the other.
i recall going to NY in 1983 aged 20 and shitting myself thinking that gangs would be prowling the streets on roller skates with baseball bats..... or face painted up in Yankee outfits.....
Love both but The Warriors edge it for me.....
3 years ago in NY I even visited Riverside Park where the gang meeting up in the Bronx was filmed (though it wasn't in the Bronx but upper west side in Manhattan)

Oh Warriors, come out to play-eee-aaayyyyy

Last edited:
Warriors although I liked the Wanderers a lot, not seen it for a long time so not sure how it's aged.

Yellow jackets, Ken Wahl and big fat Bald lad from memory.
Watched the Wanderers a few months back and it hasn't aged because it was set in a certain time.
The Warriors in some ways couldn't be filmed in today's time as with the use of mobile phones, more access to guns etc it would be a blood bath and they'd never have caught that first train running from the Turnbull AC's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.