the way we were

It's never going to be the same again .
We're moving forward irestistably and with the progress comes a whole new set of external and internal pressures on this club.
We used to be united ( sorry for using that word ) in our expectations because we basically expected nothing but disappointment , now we have a huge future and a huge number of ways of achieving success , in the views of the fan base.
The fan base , of course , has also changed , with new arrivals ( not always welcome ) and new views and attitudes , again , some seem spoilt and impatient , but that is the way of the world now.
It's going to change even more in the future as we progress and attract more fans and more critics and this is a scenario that a lot of us old guard fans are going to have to come to terms with, like it or not .
There is a comfort and security in a past of under - achievement and lack of expectation , but that has gone now, and we enter a brave new world of actually being seen as a winning club with a winning mentality , which will bring fear and loathing from others . We will have to get used to " suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" as Shakespeare had it , though I think he was a Villa fan so obviously knew nowt.

I see your point Bill and at times i despair when i see some of the vitriol and childish sniping being posted here,but there is a lot of good stuff too.

Years ago there was no internet but there was always lots of bickering and sometimes fighting between our own fans at games.Our humour,often self depreciating,was all we had because we never looked like winning anything on the field.We made our own entertainment.

The internet has allowed a lot more people to have a voice in forums like this and since the takeover our expectations have rightly shot through the roof.The downside is it seems to make failure that much harder to stomach for some.

As for the opposition fans and the media i couldn't give a flying fuck,i hope they continue to hate us ,it means we are having even more success.They didn't like us before,they often took the piss and only kind of patted our club and the loyalty of our fans on the head in a patronising way because we were no threat.

Keep the faith,a win tomorrow and all in the garden will be rosy again,lol!

A lot of the hate from other clubs/fans/ex players etc comes from the jealousy because it didn't happen to their club, as for the media, eventually they will be forced to take it all on board because WE will be their cash cow. As for this place I rather enjoy it :)

P.S. I think we will be the first team to do the quadruple in the not to distant future and then the exposure will be immense.

citykev28 said:
I have to say I've rarely known you banning people but to say you don't wind people up is outrageous.

You start an incredible amount of controversial threads.

Like referees, people want consistency no matter how difficult it is to align opinions and boundaries.

show me one and i'll tell you honestly if its a wind up.

anyway its not about any one poster, its the whole membership, its just not how it once was.

perhaps some of the older members could explain better than me.

de niro said:
citykev28 said:
I have to say I've rarely known you banning people but to say you don't wind people up is outrageous.

Like referees, people want consistency no matter how difficult it is to align opinions and boundaries.

anyway its not about any one poster, its the whole membership, its just not how it once was.

Hats off to Baconface or whatever the fuck you called it.

citykev28 said:
de niro said:
citykev28 said:

Hats off to Baconface or whatever the fuck you called it.

sir alex thread?
sorry mate (general forum btw) I believe he is the best manager ever. petty to argue otherwise.

any others?

de niro is right. the way we were and the way we are are so far apart. it used 2 be tribal,ritual and affordable.A journey into the unknown,no mobile phones,travelling by whatever method you could,where as now its a big hit financially,resulting in it not being as accessable to everyone. now its not a fair reflection of the community of manchester which has changed beyond recognition. Could you imagine getting 20 lads in the back of a transit with a combined purse of about 2 quid for beer,food,match ,programme,etc. the same 20 lads are now triple in size than they were and would need at least a onner each just for tix an petrol..Think these are the real city fans 2 which de niro is referring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.