The "which famous person died today" thread

Sadly, Dave Myers, one half of the excellent Hairy Bikers has passed away at just 66.

I thought he was recovering from his cancer but don’t know at this point whether that was the cause of his death.

IMG_9456.jpeg

I have a large selection of their cookbooks and always enjoyed watching the camaraderie between the two of them on their various shows.

For me, best of all, was the fact that they always looked like they were thoroughly enjoying everything they did together and their recipes were never overly pretentious.

Apparently his best mate, and fellow Hairy Biker - Si King, was at his bedside when he passed away … very sad.

RIP Dave

Last edited:
Sadly, Dave Myers, ne half of the excellent Hairy Bikers has passed away at just 66.

I thought he was recovering from his cancer but don’t know at this point whether that was the cause of his death.View attachment 108534
Sadly, Dave Myers, ne half of the excellent Hairy Bikers has passed away at just 66.

I thought he was recovering from his cancer but don’t know at this point whether that was the cause of his death.View attachment 108534
Awful news RIP

Sad news. Am enjoying what has become his last series travelling the west coast. Like others said, thought he was recovering, but guess this was his final hurrah and he said that he was proud they were doing this series.

They were never the best chefs around, but their warmth and friendship always shone through and most people could idle an hour away watching these two genuinely love each others’ company, whilst raising a few laughs and some decent grub.

Sad news. Am enjoying what has become his last series travelling the west coast. Like others said, thought he was recovering, but guess this was his final hurrah and he said that he was proud they were doing this series.

They were never the best chefs around, but their warmth and friendship always shone through and most people could idle an hour away watching these two genuinely love each others’ company, whilst raising a few laughs and some decent grub.
Makes you realise the effort he put into this current series, still dragging his bike around with him. Like you say, easy watching for an hour or so, true friends, Si will feel like he's lost half of himself. Rest easy Dave.

Totally agree that they were always likeable and seemed down to earth, and demistyfied cooking and stripped it of pomposity.
And I swam in London Fields Lido at the same time as Si a few years back and we had a friendly chat between lengths. Even though his face may be hairy, the rest of his body certainly isn't. A case for trade description????

Very sad that, I’ve watched every programme the HB’s did, always enjoyed them, two very creative guys from Television who met at the BBC, their bromance shone through, his mate will be gutted. RIP fella, no more pain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.