The "which famous person died today" thread

Sadly, Dave Myers, one half of the excellent Hairy Bikers has passed away at just 66.

I thought he was recovering from his cancer but don’t know at this point whether that was the cause of his death.

View attachment 108534

I have a large selection of their cookbooks and always enjoyed watching the camaraderie between the two of them on their various shows.

For me, best of all, was the fact that they always looked like they were thoroughly enjoying everything they did together and their recipes were never overly pretentious.

Apparently his best mate, and fellow Hairy Biker - Si King, was at his bedside when he passed away … very sad.

RIP Dave
Terribly sad news. I always watch their series for two reasons, firstly, I like most cookery programmes and their gentle, laid back presenting is always easy to view and secondly, I’ve always like looking at the motorbikes they ride since I got on the back of my brothers Suzuki 500cc In the early 1970’s, the feel of the wind taking my breath away I’ll never forget. RIP Dave.

This one has hit me quite hard. I grew up a few doors from his Aunt and Uncle and remember him hanging around the street as a kid when they came to visit. I’ve watched every series and love their books (made their Butter Chicken curry last week and it was amazing).
Saw him not long back on Saturday Kitchen and thought he didn’t seem right - getting words wrong and looking slightly muddled, then watching the current series he seemed to spend a lot of time sitting while Si would be talking in the kitchens and making stuff.
Real fucking shame that he couldn’t beat cancer but at least he got to keep his privacy about it all and had an amazing friend with him through it all.
RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.