The Witchwood Ashton U Lyne

Aphex said:
It's a great venue. Mate used to go to watch the Ozrics there a few years back.

If anyone knows the Ozrics then you'll know the sound is great..

Awesome. Proper.

I nearly convinced Nick Harper (roy's son, not the reggae chap) to come and do a session in my none-existent music cafe after far too much lowenbrau or whatever the premium strength piss was in there. Good times.

blue underpants said:
crazyg said:
pete1970 said:
Cheers Mate-The Spread Eagle? wow thats going back a bit!
What do you mean "going back a bit"?

The last time I went in the Witchwood, it was called the Globe!!
And served a cracking pint of O.B. bitter, aahh the memories
My godfather Bob,was always in the Globe.
He and my dad did waiting on in there in the '60's,they used to have bands in the back room even then.
The curryhouse over the road was the Ajanta,the owner was a mates dad.
I was thinking about the model shop the other day,great place to window shop.

waterloo blue said:
blue underpants said:
crazyg said:
What do you mean "going back a bit"?

The last time I went in the Witchwood, it was called the Globe!!
And served a cracking pint of O.B. bitter, aahh the memories
My godfather Bob,was always in the Globe.
He and my dad did waiting on in there in the '60's,they used to have bands in the back room even then.
The curryhouse over the road was the Ajanta,the owner was a mates dad.
I was thinking about the model shop the other day,great place to window shop.

Used to buy my Airfix and Space Marines in there as a nipper. Quality model shop.

There was one in the window for years called the "Atomic Cannon", but The nearest I got to buying it was the "Nike" rocket.

Up to 1962 I lived on Mill Lane in a house that is now the annex to the HSBC Bank. There was also the Grapes on Church Street, that my dad used to go in, which is now part of the Asda car park. Not forgetting the Brougham on Cavendish Street, where I had one or two under-age sessions.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Phil Meup said:
Davs 19 said:
strongbowholic said:
Oi! The Damned are Neat, Neat, Neat.

Good for a laugh on their better nights
Bullshit! Saw The Damned last year and they are still great!!

Music is a very personal thing. Personally, compared to the likes of the Pistols, Buzzcocks, Warsaw, Ramones, Clash etc....I thought they were ordinairy....just my opinion....

I haven't been to the Witchwood for about 10 years but I always thought it was a good venue. Not the best area but a generally trouble free boozer. I used to see one of 'Brian and Michael' (Matchstick Men' fame). Don't know which one though. Also used to see the girl who used to play Tracy in Coronation Street a few times.

Davs 19 said:
Phil Meup said:
Davs 19 said:
Good for a laugh on their better nights

Music is a very personal thing. Personally, compared to the likes of the Pistols, Buzzcocks, Warsaw, Ramones, Clash etc....I thought they were ordinairy....just my opinion....
Sorry - wasn't shouting! :) That's the great thing abbout music- everyone has a differennt opinion & so they should too!
Decent interview with Mick Jones, Paul Simonon & Topper Headon the other day on 6 Music. It's on the i-player.

Phil Meup said:
Davs 19 said:
Phil Meup said:

Sorry - wasn't shouting! :) That's the great thing abbout music- everyone has a differennt opinion & so they should too!
Decent interview with Mick Jones, Paul Simonon & Topper Headon the other day on 6 Music. It's on the i-player.

No worries mate and thanks for the heads up ;.)

crazyg said:
There was one in the window for years called the "Atomic Cannon", but The nearest I got to buying it was the "Nike" rocket.

Up to 1962 I lived on Mill Lane in a house that is now the annex to the HSBC Bank. There was also the Grapes on Church Street, that my dad used to go in, which is now part of the Asda car park. Not forgetting the Brougham on Cavendish Street, where I had one or two under-age sessions.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
I always wanted one of those remote controlled planes they had in the window,then I could of gone down to Richmond St. playing fields buzzing George Hough's cows.
I thought Adsa was built on the old Broadbent's foundary site,but it's been a few years since I was down that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.