The word is spreading

MCC said:
Live in Germany and all i have heard is their commentators going on about City players. Loving it. Mario is big news over here. Hope he nails them tomorrow.

birdbrain said:
I have been going to Disney for the past 10 years, in Epcot a theme park with countries of the World they sell goods from that country, I was out there when we beat QPR (and the cup final last year!) in the UK shop in Epcot for the first time ever they sold city shirts, T shirts etc, never have a seen this before, the word is spreading. I have only ever see scum, dippers and chelski shirts before

-- Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm --

An hour after we won the league and I had watched it on ESPN in the hotel room we were getting off a tram at the Magic Kingdom in Disney when all I could hear was 'the best team in the land and the all world being sung' what a moment, proud as punch, fellow blues were everywhere, I had my City top on, the best day of my life(except for the kids being born!)

I bought a City t shirt in Epcot a couple of weeks ago - quite a bizarre experience

mate, theres been City stuff in shops around here (Slovenia, Croatia, Austria) since 2009. so it's not exactly a suprise the murrikans are jumping the bandwagon. especially after 2 preseason tours there.

you should see bosnia btw, theres blue Dzeko kits inside cars there and things like that. if we sell him (which I couldn't care less about to be honest), we will lose a fair bit of support there.

from what I hear theres also alot of support in the netherlands and spain.

We always will find it hard to sell well in the Asian market as it seems they regard red as a lucky colour hence Cardiff being forced recently to change their colours from blue to red to please the Asian owners and get more sales in the far east.

Gary James said:
Carver said:
failsworthblueboy said:
I always thought we played in Cambridge blue, Sky blue being Coventrys colour. Although we do seem to be going down the sky blue marketing thing I don't think it is or should i say was our shade of blue.

Our kit was described as Cambridge Blue when we became Manchester City, Light Blue just after the second world war and then this evolved into Sky Blue within a decade (Acc to historical football kits who probably got their info off Gary James). The Blue used by Cambridge University football team and Cambridge University rowing club are different colours but both described as Cambridge Blue. The rowing colour has a lot of green in it, we must have taken after the football colour.

Our Blue was initially Cambridge Blue and did become Sky Blue at some point. I'm sure I'll have a ref to when the words Sky Blue were first used but I reckon it was about 1910-15. By 1934 it was usually described as Sky Blue and Coventry changed to all sky blue shirts because of us (I've written about this often). We were the original sky blues.

The colour didn't play a part in the buying process, but I was told that the beauty of our colour is that it matches the colour of the sky over Abu Dhabi by a leading UAE figure.

And, more importantly from a brand point of view, it's a colour no one else in the business world really owns (I guess you could argue Barclays, but it's a bit different). If you think of our colour ultimately it offers so much potential.
Gary you have touched on our Masonic links in the past, the Sky Blue on a Masonic Apron is extremely similar do you think this significant ?

I was out in Uganda last November working with the street children and managed to convert a few of the kids. They had definitely heard of City and one of the shops in Kampala sold snide tops. I did my best to teach them 'Blue Moon'.............

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flipshare.com/view.aspx?nRecipient=&nFrame=QjVBQTU1NTAtNzY2OS00MkMxLThBMTgtNThEQUE3NjBFMTM3&nMedia=MTM1RDUzMEMtRDlGQS00QzM3LTk1N0EtNDM5M0IzNEREODdB&emailThumbnail=single&nT=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flipshare.com/view.aspx?nRec ... single&nT=</a>

Well we are certainly top 5 in Burma!

They get out of their cheerleader outfits and into football kits at 1m 10s.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJxOfUA-a6o[/youtube]

Soon to be released in the UK on Glitter Records.

I lived in Seoul for 7 years and don't remember once seeing a person on the street in a City shirt. Only exception was when I was visiting last year and watched the FA Cup Semi against United at a pub and shared a few beverages with several City supporters.

Anyway, I was walking through the COEX mall in the high-tech area of Seoul where I used to work this week and saw a guy wearing a Tevez 2011 shirt. I actually stopped him and complimented him which I think caught him off-guard, but then we shared a "Come on City" moment.

Good to see the Koreans catching on. Many friends speculated about what will happen to United's support here now that they have signed a Japanese star and when Park Ji Sung is likely to transfer elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.