The word is spreading

In barcelona here

they aare crapping themselves in spain at the prospect of playing us one day, .. Both "Team Messi" and Madrid was making jokes... please not Manchester City in lasts years Champions Leauge , in addition of us having David Silva and the chant we made for him we sing in his spanish names for us this has won many spanish hearts..and minds...

Spain has a lot of Argentine Migrants.... it speaks for its self they follow our team with as much passion as they do their own, and our blue makes just that lit tle more special for them..

and of course we have Balotelli.... they speak about nothing else most of the time...

adammck said:
Been travelling through Eastern Africa making my way south and I've seen a good amount of City shirts around, even if pretty remote areas. They love their footy over here and it seems City is definately becoming stronger here in the fanbase. Still heaps of Rags, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fans as you\d expect. It feels very odd! A heap of locals try to trade me my city shorts and shirts and the work for local stuff hah, no deal what so ever!

Which countries you visited?
I was in Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya this time last year for about 2 months. Saw one city shirt the entire time I was there, couldnt see any on sale anywhere but an abundance of rags chelsea and a few liverpool. Even one barcode!
Looks like the title might be doing us heaps of favours.

Thank you both Gary James and Carver, all very interesting I had always thought we were copying Coventry.
Personally I would like the club to market us from the Citizen angle which I feel is sadly being dropped.

davymcfc said:
Happy days. I'm sure the Americans would prefer to wear the champions' shirts.

Not sure they are bright enough !

I was back in the UK for Newcastle & QPR, and to see my mum. She had friends from Canada visiting, who went shopping in Manchester. They wanted to buy 'soccer' shirts for their kids & grand children, so I pointed them in the direction of the City store in the Arndale.

THEY CAME HOME WITH UNITED SHIRTS !!!! As they said they were better looking !!!!

Had to laugh .... In the days AFTER we won the league some Canadians bought United shirts because they looked nicer ..... Ha ha ha

I have been going to Disney for the past 10 years, in Epcot a theme park with countries of the World they sell goods from that country, I was out there when we beat QPR (and the cup final last year!) in the UK shop in Epcot for the first time ever they sold city shirts, T shirts etc, never have a seen this before, the word is spreading. I have only ever see scum, dippers and chelski shirts before<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm --<br /><br />An hour after we won the league and I had watched it on ESPN in the hotel room we were getting off a tram at the Magic Kingdom in Disney when all I could hear was 'the best team in the land and the all world being sung' what a moment, proud as punch, fellow blues were everywhere, I had my City top on, the best day of my life(except for the kids being born!)

Vienna_70 said:
We've just got back from Orlando, where we visited Florida Mall, one of the main malls in the City.

We were walking past the Soccer shop and we happened to glance in.

Not far from the entrance, was a whole array of City stuff, including a rack of home shirts, a rack of away shirts and a rack of goalie's shirts.

Also, there were Mercer jackets, tracksuit tops and bottoms, shorts and two different T-shirts.

And to top it all off, there were only a couple of racks of last season's scum shirts (home and away) and one rack of children's home shirts. Not a single lumberjack shirt was to be seen.

It was fantastic to see and we were both really impressed.

I walked past the same shop in November and it had City gear in the window or maybe close to the window, I suppose we have to get used to it now.

Years back catching a glimpse of a US Claudio Reyna shirt in Orlando was a big thing for a blue !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.