The World Cup Final.

mcmanus said:
supercrystal7 said:
mcmanus said:
Yeah well if you take one strike of a football means you are a legend or bobbins that's up to you pal.

I'd rather base my opinion on a players whole career plus I think the latter stages of the champions league is of better quality than the world cup.

I know all the national stuff is sound but club football pisses it nowadays.
The world cup is the pinnacle of the game and it matters more when you do things under the greatest pressure. A billion people watched the CL final. L winners like Luiz, Marcelo, Ramires, etc completely collapsed under the pressure of playing a world cup semi.

Ask any footballer to choose (can only ever play one) between earning a fortune playing club football or playing for their nation in the world cup.

What d'ya reckon their answer would be?
Not a fair comparison, because we all must feed our families. Ask any footballer, what they would rather win and they will say the world cup. Ask any footballer that has won all the tournaments what their greatest moment was and they will say the world cup. It's laughable to pretend otherwise. You think the CL is equal to the world cup. I and many other people do not.

mcmanus said:
supercrystal7 said:
mcmanus said:
Yeah well if you take one strike of a football means you are a legend or bobbins that's up to you pal.

I'd rather base my opinion on a players whole career plus I think the latter stages of the champions league is of better quality than the world cup.

The world cup is the pinnacle of the game and it matters more when you do things under the greatest pressure. A billion people watched the CL final. L winners like Luiz, Marcelo, Ramires, etc completely collapsed under the pressure of playing a world cup semi.

Ask any footballer to choose (can only ever play one) between earning a fortune playing club football or playing for their nation in the world cup.

Earning a fortune.

I watched the final hoping for an Argentina win with a strong Man City contingent in the team and Argentina had their chances but on the balance of play I don't think you could argue Germany didn't deserve to win.

supercrystal7 said:
mcmanus said:
supercrystal7 said:

Not a fair comparison, because we all must feed our families. Ask any footballer, what they would rather win and they will say the world cup. Ask any footballer that has won all the tournaments what their greatest moment was and they will say the world cup. It's laughable to pretend otherwise. You think the CL is equal to the world cup. I and many other people do not.

It is really because if playing for your national team you'd get sponsorship and the like so would never actually be skint at all....

....plus no I don't think the QF onwards of the Champions League are equal in quality to the same in the World Cup because they are superior.

You have to hand it to the Germans. They have been knocking on the door for so long. This century they have finished 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and now first as well as getting to the final in euro 2008 and semi finals in euro 2012. It has been coming.

mcmanus said:
supercrystal7 said:
mcmanus said:

I think they would say the World Cup, provided they collected the dosh along with the medal.

Germany were the best team throughout the competition, and are worthy winners.
They beat the top two South American sides on their own doorstep, and no European country has ever done that before, and what is even more frightening is that they have age on their side and will almost certainly be better in four years time.
And I backed them, which makes their victory all the more surprising.

blue underpants said:
Bluebee2 said:
blue underpants said:
Bunch of twats

Here's the one of the "bunch of twats" singing it, led by "Chief twat Aguero"

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ub0SY0WR-c[/video]
Let me explain for the hard of thinking
The video shows Argie fans singing not the Argie players
I do not think the Argie team are a bunch of twats esp Sergio in fact he is one of my all time heroes, however i do think Argie fans are a 'bunch of twats' and so would you if you were in Spain for the 82 World Cup as i was
Being beaten with iron bars, sprayed with tear gas and threatened by Argies wielding knives tends to focus your mind a tad and i have a long memory
I also see these wonderful Argie fans were at it again in the fan park in Rio last night beating and stabbing anyone who got in their way, it was all caught on film and shown on SSN this Morning, you carry on with your love in, i will digress if you don't mind, adios
I see those magnificent Argentine fans were at it again after the final against Germany, they caused mayhem at the fan park in Rio fighting celebrating Germans and then any Brazilians who got in the way, meanwhile back home in Argentina it took riot police to clear cobble throwing crowds off the streets what a 'bunch of twats'

Despite the score 0-0 going long in to extra-time, it was one of the better finals at a WC-tournament. I enjoyed it. Pity the Germans won it. Maybe looking back at the whole tournament a justified winner, but Argentina showed they were worthy opponents in this final.
Zab and Demichelis did well, Aguero simply isn't fit to play a game of that order.
Happy it's over and done with.

eversince 76 said:
Despite the score 0-0 going long in to extra-time, it was one of the better finals at a WC-tournament. I enjoyed it. Pity the Germans won it. Maybe looking back at the whole tournament a justified winner, but Argentina showed they were worthy opponents in this final.
Zab and Demichelis did well, Aguero simply isn't fit to play a game of that order.
Happy it's over and done with.

That was pretty much my thoughts on it too. Enjoyed the game, I thought Argentina played quite well, they didn't take their chances but Germany took theirs. I though Mascherano & Schweinsteigner were both excellent. Zab & Demichelis both solid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.