The World Cup Final.

Never understood why you'd play a half fit Aguero as a winger and that rat tail weirdo down the middle. You're basically putting yourselves voluntarily down to 10 men.

This was certainly one of the better finals in that it was a genuine match and the outcome was uncertain until the very end. The Argentine lads must be kicking themselves for not winning it in normal time, but you have to take your chances and this is when they paid for Sergio being way short of match fitness and DiMaria out completely. Sergio always gives 110% effort but was understandably gutted at the end - Argentina would be world cup winners this morning with a fully fit Sergio. Martin was outstanding - that defence looked dodgy until he came in for the quarter final, and how well he's played. What a season he's had and how he's deserved it, though not the gut wrenching disappointment of last night's result. Pablo? The world saw clearly last night that there is no better right back in world football. The two best right backs were certainly on the pitch and Lahm is of the highest quality, but so is our Pablo. I was proud of our lads last night, as always.

As for Germany, it cannot be denied that they are worthy and deserving winners. It is a testimony to the changes made by the German FA after Euro 2000 (after the shock of losing to England?). The German FA did not leave it up to the German clubs, but put its money where its mouth is and went out to get among kids too young for the clubs. What rewards they have reaped and there may be a lesson for our FA if they bothered to learn.

Interestingly, I don't think the quality of this world cup has been that high! In 2010 I admired players from the WC and the football seen in South Africa, but the football City play is better now and the best sides in the world are all club sides. City would have won the WC if allowed to enter, as would Real, Barca, Bayern and one or two others (non local!). Neuer would get in the City team and maybe[/b two others, but that team is not full of world class players. Boateng had a reasonable game last night, but Argentina got through the middle on several occasions, both he and Hummels are positively slow and all at sea when forced to turn and face their own goal. We forget how good you have to be to get in that City squad, or that of any of the other "top" squads in European football.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
This was certainly one of the better finals in that it was a genuine match and the outcome was uncertain until the very end. The Argentine lads must be kicking themselves for not winning it in normal time, but you have to take your chances and this is when they paid for Sergio being way short of match fitness and DiMaria out completely. Sergio always gives 110% effort but was understandably gutted at the end - Argentina would be world cup winners this morning with a fully fit Sergio. Martin was outstanding - that defence looked dodgy until he came in for the quarter final, and how well he's played. What a season he's had and how he's deserved it, though not the gut wrenching disappointment of last night's result. Pablo? The world saw clearly last night that there is no better right back in world football. The two best right backs were certainly on the pitch and Lahm is of the highest quality, but so is our Pablo. I was proud of our lads last night, as always.

As for Germany, it cannot be denied that they are worthy and deserving winners. It is a testimony to the changes made by the German FA after Euro 2000 (after the shock of losing to England?). The German FA did not leave it up to the German clubs, but put its money where its mouth is and went out to get among kids too young for the clubs. What rewards they have reaped and there may be a lesson for our FA if they bothered to learn.

Interestingly, I don't think the quality of this world cup has been that high! In 2010 I admired players from the WC and the football seen in South Africa, but the football City play is better now and the best sides in the world are all club sides. City would have won the WC if allowed to enter, as would Real, Barca, Bayern and one or two others (non local!). Neuer would get in the City team and maybe[/b two others, but that team is not full of world class players. Boateng had a reasonable game last night, but Argentina got through the middle on several occasions, both he and Hummels are positively slow and all at sea when forced to turn and face their own goal. We forget how good you have to be to get in that City squad, or that of any of the other "top" squads in European football.

I am seriously not sure if you are joking or actually believe this.

supercrystal7 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Read it again then.

Boateng had a "reasonable" game?

He was MotM material together with Schweinsteiger, but I guess its in general a problem to City fans to admit how good he is/has become.

Other than that Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Müller and Hummels/Boateng/Lahm would be regular starters for City.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
supercrystal7 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Read it again then.

That Germany team had 6/7 Bayern players in the starting line up usually. Like with all tournaments you get injuries, deal with hot weather, 7 games in a short period of time and intense pressure. They were probably missing their best player in Reus. A fully fit Germany team are comfortably better than City. In fact they are better than any club side except for Bayern.

Bembeltown said:
Boateng had a "reasonable" game?

He was MotM material together with Schweinsteiger, but I guess its in general a problem to City fans to admit how good he is/has become.

Other than that Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Müller and Hummels/Boateng/Lahm would be regular starters for City.
Kroos and Gotze would be too. Khedira and the Bender brothers would have a shot too. That's before we mention Reus. Schmelzer despite not being very good probably still better than Clichy. Ozil has been shocking, but he is another world class player, who at the very least would push Nasri for a place.

supercrystal7 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
supercrystal7 said:

Read it again then.
That Germany team had 6/7 Bayern players in the starting line up usually. Like with all tournaments you get injuries, deal with hot weather, 7 games in a short period of time and intense pressure. They were probably missing their best player in Reus. A fully fit Germany team are comfortably better than City. In fact they are better than any club side except for Bayern.

whose first team got beaten on their own turf by City reserves, and then thumped by Real. Germany won because Aguero, Messi and Di Maria were crocked, as with those 3 fit Argies would have been out of sight by the time Gotze got a sniff and not reliant on having to drag Palacio off the bench.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
supercrystal7 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Read it again then.

whose first team got beaten on their own turf by City reserves, and then thumped by Real. Germany won because Aguero, Messi and Di Maria were crocked, as with those 3 fit Argies would have been out of sight by the time Gotze got a sniff and not reliant on having to drag Palacio off the bench.
If you really believe that then great. This current Bayern generation have 3 league titles, a world cup a CL, a couple of cups and have made two other Cl finals. They will continue to rack up trophies. Most of those players are not even over 25.

If Heynckes had been in charge they would have another champions league title. Funny how pundits and people praised Guardiola for plain stupid tactics. Now they are praising Loew for realising they are stupid and doing the sensible thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.